5.0 Prohibited Content
This section includes content that must not be featured on any ads, as well as products and services that cannot appear on any placements, globally.
Content prohibited for all ads
- Children in adult or dangerous situations. For example, ads must not show children close to, or handling, firearms or other weapons, or in situations which may contravene established child safety best practices (such as children in vehicles without their seatbelts fastened or cycling without helmets), or without adult supervision in places or situations where they cannot safely look after themselves (such as swimming pools, crossing busy roads or around dangerous equipment).
- Deceptive, false, or misleading content.
- Directly targeted at or that appeal to children due to the messaging, imagery, or targeting.
- Emotionally draining or exploitative, including content that portrays abused humans or animals.
- Content that promotes practices that can result in the physical or mental harm of customers.
- That encourages, glamorizes or depicts excessive consumption of drugs or alcohol.
- Excessive violence or gore. For example, exposed guts or dismemberment.
- Exploitation of sensitive events such as natural disasters, human-caused disasters, incidents of mass trauma and/or casualties, or the death of public figures.
- Full nudity, which Amazon defines as fully visible intimate body parts: genitals, female breasts (not including breastfeeding), and buttocks.
- Obscene, controversial, defamatory, libelous, illegal, or invasive of another's privacy.
- Political, such as campaigns for or against a politician or a political party, or related to an election, or content related to political issues of public debate.
- Content that revolves around highly debated social topics.
- Pornography or explicit sexual content.
- Foul, vulgar, or obscene language or language containing profanity, including obscured profanity (such as s@#t or WTF), graphic or suggestive language or double entendres, or scatological references.
- Religious advocacy, either advocating or demeaning any religion.
- Threatening, abusive, intolerant, or harassing, or content that advocates or discriminates against a protected group (whether based on race, color, national origin, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age or any similar or another category).
- Content that violates our Editorial Guidelines.
- AT: Comparative advertising relating to environmental effects of a product or service.
- NZ: Cultural appropriation or inappropriate use of Māori imagery, words and other taonga. For example, the use of Māori deities in ads is not permitted.
Amazon Ads Guidelines and Acceptance Policies
TABLE OF CONTENTS