4.0 Animation and Video
- Maximum animation length for on-site placements: 15 seconds (30 seconds in France).
- For Amazon DSP ads not on Amazon, the maximum is 30 seconds.
- Initial animation can loop a maximum of 3 times within the animation length specified above (15 or 30 seconds).
- Please see the Amazon DSP mobile app banner ads specs and e-commerce creative for supported animated ads on those placements.
- Billboard ads running onsite cannot be animated.
- Brazil: animation is prohibited in ads for products designed for children (for example, a school bag, game or toy).
- Video stream length:
- Standard IAB Ad unit: up to 15 seconds.
- Video ads (on Amazon): up to 3 minutes (we recommend 30 seconds or less).
- Video ads on Fire tablet: up to 15 seconds.
- Amazon DSP video: at least 5 seconds.
- Audio must be customer-initiated on click or tap (meaning that autoplay ads must begin muted).
- The use of rollovers to initiate audio is prohibited.
- When audio is switched on by the customer, a mute button is required.
- Video ads (on Amazon) without sound are permitted but only if the video can be understood without sound.
- Alcohol ads must comply with any necessary locale-specific requirements, as set out in 7.1.
- Font sizes in video ads should align with the font requirements for all display ad placements.
Customer-initiated video ads
- Maximum video stream length and audio served in conjunction with a video stream: 3 minutes.
Placements or formats specs requirements