You must comply with local language requirements in all of the locales where your ads will show, including the following:
- France: All ad copy must be in French unless a translation accompanies it in the ad.
- Canada: Ads on Amazon boxes and Prime Now bags must be in both English and French.
- Japan: CTAs can use English words, if the English words are understandable for general customers. For example, “Shop Now” or “Watch video.”
- We permit short phrases in a secondary language, including a slogan, or a headline that doesn't contain product information, provided that this will not prevent customers from understanding the ad. The following types of ad copy must always be in the ad’s primary language:
- Pricing information
- Product descriptions
- Promotional messages
- Brand/product names and other trademarks are always acceptable, regardless of where the ad is running or how it is targeted. For example, “GoPro” and “Vorsprung Durch Technik” never require translation.
The following must always be in the ad’s primary language: call to action (CTA), disclosures, pricing information, product description, promotional messages.