6.0 Prohibited Products and Services
Products and services that cannot be promoted
Please note: Following a change in UK law retail search placements for food high in fat, salt, or sugar (HFSS) will be prohibited in the UK from October 1. This prohibition also extends to all onsite ad placements that feature and link to an identifiable HFSS product on Amazon.co.uk.
For the avoidance of doubt advertisements running off Amazon are permitted. Branding campaigns are also permitted, provided they do not feature an identifiable HFSS product and that they link off Amazon.
- Aerosol paint.
- Airsoft/BB guns, paintball guns.
- Alcohol recovery or hangover cures or treatments.
- Alcohol: products intended to disguise or conceal alcohol.
- Anti-radiation products (including electromagnetic field protection and radiation neutralizing or shielding products).
- Bows and arrows, slingshots, and other projectile weapons.
- Chewing gum (Singapore only).
- Coupon sites.
- Escort services, adult dating, sex toys and merchandise.
- Etching creams.
- Fat burners, fat freezers, and fat blockers.
- Fertility clinics and research.
- Free non-Kindle ebooks (except on Seller Central).
- Get-rich-quick and pyramid schemes.
- Handgun safety certificates.
- Illicit and recreational drugs, drug paraphernalia, drug testing equipment, or products to beat drug tests.
- Illegal or sensitive pharmaceutical or medical device products and services.
- Imitation tobacco products, e.g. toys that resemble cigarettes, or fake tobacco packaging (Singapore only).
- Oils, supplements, or ingestibles that are derived from or contain hemp, cannabidiol (CBD), THC, or otherwise related to cannabis.
- Medical procedures and research.
- Tobacco or tobacco-related products, including e-cigarettes.
- Knives (except for kitchen knives, cutlery, and general multi-purpose camping knives).
- NL: Knives and other bladed objects are prohibited except for kitchen knives, cutlery or silverware.
- Lethal and non-lethal weapon sales, including guns, gun parts, kits, gun racks, mace, black powder, and ammunition.
- Loyalty/affinity/rewards and related content.
- Malware, scareware, or spyware.
- Online pharmacies.
- Pre-natal gender selection and determination test products and services.
- Premium pay-per-call services, such as 900 numbers in the US.
- Products, services, technology, or website content that i) infringes, encourages or enables the infringement of the intellectual property or personal rights of others, or ii) promotes any illegal or dangerous activity, including false document services, counterfeit designer goods, cable descramblers, fireworks, or websites that promote hacking or evading law enforcement.
- Psychics and related content.
- Products that are ineligible for sale or do not comply with Amazon’s Category, Product, and Listing Restrictions.
- Religious or spiritual services.
- CH, DE, DK, FI, FR, NL, NO, PL, and SE: Content that promotes Scientology or Dianetics (e.g. books published by L Ron Hubbard).
- Shock collars (including pet training collars with any type of shock function) and pinch or choke collars.
- Short-term high-interest loans with a repayment period under 12 months and an APR of more than 50% (or 25% in Denmark).
- “Stripper” or dancing poles
- Any spy cam and/or voice bug disguised as an everyday item that is capable of transmitting video/audio via WIFI/GRMS/IP/GSM/Bluetooth to someone else, without the person knowing they are being recorded (Germany only).
- Tattooing and body branding products and services.
- Testosterone boosters.
- Ticket resellers (Australia and New Zealand only).
- UV tanning services and equipment.
Amazon Ads Guidelines and Acceptance Policies
TABLE OF CONTENTS