Announcing Sponsored Display audiences in the United States
We’ve launched Sponsored Display audiences for vendors and sellers registered in Amazon Brand Registry in the United States.
Sponsored Display audiences is a self-service display targeting strategy powered by our first party shopping signals that helps you grow your business on Amazon by reaching relevant shoppers throughout their purchase journey. Our flexible controls enable you to define the audiences you want to reach, helping you introduce new products, engage new customers, or remarket with scale. With this launch, we’ve introduced views remarketing, a subset of Sponsored Display audiences that enables you to reengage audiences who have viewed specific product detail pages but haven’t purchased your advertised product(s) in the past 30 days.
Within our sponsored ads suite, Sponsored Display audiences is the only strategy that gives you access to placements both on and off Amazon—including highly visible placements on the Amazon home page. If you are currently running campaigns with Amazon Advertising, Sponsored Display audiences complements and expands your efforts to help reach customers. After all, with only 4% of shoppers converting to purchase immediately, display advertising can help you reach the remaining 96%.1
Sponsored Display audiences is easy to use, whether you’re a seasoned expert or using display advertising for the first time. You can create a campaign containing up to 10,000 ASINs in a few clicks at no minimum spend threshold–making it accessible to all advertisers, regardless of your size or budget.
Sponsored Display audiences is available in both the advertising console as well as the Amazon Advertising API. The console and Amazon Advertising API make it easy to create and manage campaigns, as well as view reporting metrics to continually optimize towards your marketing objectives.
Sponsored Display audiences features
Control and flexibility
Designed for retail
Sponsored Display audiences is “retail aware,” meaning campaigns will pause if, for example, your products sell out quickly due to a promotion or a deal. This means that you won’t be wasting valuable marketing dollars on ads that cannot lead to an order.
You can also customize your Sponsored Display creatives with your brand’s logo and a compelling headline to further communicate your brand’s story and stand out from the crowd. Certain Sponsored Display ad sizes may only be accessible with a custom headline and logo; as such, we recommend you add both a logo and custom headline when creating a campaign to ensure access to all ad sizes.
Your creatives will automatically include relevant badging, including Deal of the Day, Prime Eligibility, and best seller status.
Engage shoppers at every stage
3 ways Sponsored Display audiences can help you grow your business
Create awareness for a product
Reach new customers
Regardless of your Sponsored Display audiences strategy, we recommend including both “advertised products” as well as “similar to advertised products” from the Products tab in your view remarketing campaigns. “Advertised products” reengages audiences who have previously visited your detail pages, while “similar to advertised products” leverages our machine learning algorithms to reach audiences who have viewed other popular products, helping add scale to campaigns for both new and established products.
To add further scale, we recommend using the Categories tab along with the Products tab. Start with the category your product is in and then test complementary categories to broaden reach. You can always adjust bid values for each audience selected based on your preferences.
With the launch of Sponsored Display audiences, US advertisers will no longer be able to create legacy views campaigns through Sponsored Display. However, these ads will continue to serve with no loss of functionality, and we encourage you to take advantage of the enhanced views remarketing as an alternative. If you’re a seller or vendor on Amazon who is already using Sponsored Products, Sponsored Brands, or Sponsored Display product targeting, Sponsored Display audiences is a simple way to increase your remarketing efforts and expand your marketing funnel.
1, 2 Amazon Internal, 2019
3 Amazon Internal, June 26- July 24 2019