Sponsored Brands (formerly Headline Search Ads) empower sellers to increase brand visibility and sales on Amazon by promoting your brand and multiple products on relevant Amazon search results pages, helping drive shoppers to your product detail page or custom landing page, such as your Store. These pay-per-click ads are available to professional sellers who are enrolled in the Amazon Brand Registry and using Sponsored Products.
Today, we’re announcing 3 recently released features designed to increase the reach, efficiency, and performance of your ads. These include new ad placements and bidding options during the campaign creation process, as well as improved ways to monitor performance.
In addition to the placement above search results, Sponsored Brands now show on the left side and bottom of the page in search results, providing more ways to engage customers as they shop and browse on Amazon.
Now during the ad campaign creation process in Campaign Manager, you’ll be able to preview the ad creative in all the placements, on both desktop and mobile, to see how your ad will look in the context of the search page.
New bidding options
With the new placements, you decide how you want to manage your bids. You can opt to use the same bid across all the placements, or choose from one of two options:
• Automated: Amazon automatically optimizes bids for the new placements in order to improve conversion. For example, automated bidding can lower the bids for placements that are below the top of search placement if the ad is less likely to convert. Note that automated bidding will never increase your bid.
• Manual: You decide how you want to change your bid for the new placements, increasing or decreasing it by a specific percentage.
New reports help you monitor ad performance to better optimize campaign results. Download these three in Advertising Reports under the Reports tab in Seller Central:
• Campaign placement report: See how your ads are performing in the different placements. This report can help you strategically adjust your budget.
• Keyword placement report: Get insights into sales and performance metrics for keywords across both placement groups (in all campaigns that received at least one impression). Use this information to help you make bid adjustments and expand your keyword target list.
• Campaign report: This downloadable report provides insights into sales, budget, and performance metrics across all campaigns. See where you need to optimize or where you could benefit from a greater budget.
Our product updates offer new opportunities to use Sponsored Brands to grow your sales and brand audience on Amazon. Visit Seller Central to get started.