What can advertising on Amazon do for your business?
You want to reach shoppers, drive sales, and continually grow your audience. Sponsored ads help you meet these goals at scale, no matter what your experience level or budget.
Build strong relationships
Customers come to Amazon for a trusted shopping environment where they can discover, research, and purchase products. Sponsored ads put your selection and message in front of engaged audiences, so you can grow brand awareness and a loyal customer base.
Reach relevant customers
75% of Amazon customers start looking for products on Amazon with the Amazon search box.1 Sponsored ads help you meet them there. Keyword and product targeting, combined with prominent ad placements, help you reach and engage shoppers at the right time and place.
Get the right insights
Easy-to-understand reports let you understand how shoppers discover and buy your products and engage with your brand. Plus, a range of tools and features—from suggested keywords to new-to-brand metrics—help you turn these insights into action, optimizing your campaigns to make the most of your investment.
Simple, flexible solutions
When you advertise on Amazon, you get access to solutions that help you engage shoppers at every touchpoint. Together, they help you get noticed faster and efficiently reach your goals.
Sponsored Products promote individual product listings and are targeted to customer search terms or to products. They’re easy to create and appear within search results and on product detail pages.
Sponsored Brands feature products of your choice along with your logo and custom headline. They appear prominently in search results and drive traffic to a custom landing page or Store.
Promote your brand and products with your own multi-page Store on Amazon for free.
Four essential facts
1. You decide your level of investment. Set a daily budget that meets your needs. We generally recommend ensuring you have enough budget to get impressions, clicks, and sales.
2. You can change your budget at any time. Increase or decrease your daily budget in seconds—even when your campaigns are running—to meet your evolving needs.
3. You can see the impact on your sales. A sale is attributed to a campaign when a shopper that clicks an ad purchases your brand’s products on Amazon within 14 days. Our reporting lets you chart your ad-attributed sales.
4. You can control your message. Our solutions let your reinforce your brand’s value proposition, helping you tell an authentic and engaging story to Amazon shoppers.
Vendors sell their items directly to Amazon, who then sells them to customers. If you manage your products in Vendor Central or Advantage Central, you’re a vendor.
Self-service ads can help you scale sales and growth on Amazon. You control how much you invest, giving you the flexibility to choose what works best for your business. You can also change your daily budget at any time.
Beyond budget, you can update other campaign elements whenever you like, too. Add or remove keywords, pause campaigns or change their duration, and adjust your keyword match types to broaden or refine your reach.
We have two payment options available, and you can switch your method at any time.
1. Credit card: You can use either a personal or corporate credit card.
2. Deduct from Payment (DFP): DFP is an automated payment method that allows you to pay for your advertising costs with your Amazon retail proceeds. There’s no manual effort involved, and you won’t need to have a separate budget for advertising. Note: DFP is not available to third parties who manage payments for their clients’ advertising accounts, or to accounts that haven’t experienced retail activity in the last 6 months.
How to get started
Register using your Vendor Central or Advantage Central account.
Choose an ad type and products to advertise.
Decide how much you’ll bid for clicks and choose your budget.
Launch your campaign.
1 Source: “Getting to Know Your Customers: Amazon User Study,” Feedvisor, 2018