Interactive Wake Screens
Interactive Wake screen ads on Fire tablet allow shoppers to interact with an ad to explore unique features, benefits, or experiences tied to the product being advertised. By providing a hands-on experience, advertisers can reveal unique product aspects and delight customers through various interactive components such as changing color/message, product demos, etc. on the the Fire tablet wake screen.
Key features of an Interactive wake screen:
- Background video: an animated background (10 seconds maximum) that tells a sequential story
- Breakpoint: a point in the ad experience where the background video pauses and waits for user interaction. Each creative may include up to 3 breakpoints.
- Hotspot: a transparent area on the wake screen where the user can tap to continue the experience.
- Indicator animation: an animation that appears on the wake screen during the breakpoint, which indicates to the user where they can interact to continue the experience
Interactive wake screen executions require a background video and call-to-action button.
|Asset||Dimensions||Max. File Weight||Format||Min. Font Size (US/EU)||Min. Font Size (US/EU)|
|Backgrounds||1200x1920px (P) and 1920x1200px (L)||3500kb||MP4 or MOV||32pt||28pt|
|Buttons||1200x1920px (P) and 1920x1200px (L)||3500kb||PNG-24||32pt||28pt|
- Assets must be created for both landscape and portrait orientations.
- Button assets should be the size of the full screen (with a majority of the asset being transparent), not cropped to the dimensions of the visible button.
The background video should adhere to the specifications outlined below.
|Frames per second||24fps|
|Max. video length||10 seconds|
|Audio||None; background videos may not contain audio|
- Animation cannot be delayed. It must start immediately within the first frames of the video
- Ad headline, supporting copy, call-to-action, and product image (if applicable) must be visible in the first frame and throughout the entire video.
- Ad text and advertiser logo cannot move, fade, rotate, or stretch. Other minor effects may be applied.
- Indicator animation should not be burned into the background video; if included, this should be a separate sprite sheet asset. See below for specifications.
|Sprite Sheet Asset|
|Looping||First and last frames should be the same; this allows the animation to seamlessly loop|
|File dimensions||2000x2000px maximum|
For additional requirements around wake screen and call-to-action assets, please refer to the Creative Standards page here.
Not compatible with Dual CTA, Amazon video ads, or Panels.
- Campaign copy
- Click through URL (if applicable)
- Logo(s) in vector format (.EPS or .AI)
- Campaign fonts
- Brand guidelines
- High quality imagery
- Approved legal rights for tablet usage
- 1920x1200 and 1200x1920 minimum size
- Layered Photoshop file format (.PSD )
- High quality video (if applicable)
- 1280x720 minimum size
- .mov or .mp4
- Additional related design examples for visual reference