Global advertising refers to the process of running international ad campaigns for your products or brand. For an effective global advertising strategy, consider running ads in multiple countries and optimizing your campaigns to help increase visibility of your brand and grow your sales.
The ad console has tools that can simplify every stage of the campaign process. A recent study on global sales highlights how using tools available in the ad console has helped multicountry advertisers drive 11x higher ad-attributed sales at a 40% lower cost per click (CPC) on average.3 Try these tricks when launching your global campaigns in the ads console:
- Simplify your campaign management and manage your advertising for all countries in a single account.
- No matter which global advertising account you’re working on, you can change the default language and currency to match your preferences.
- No more switching from one country to another to see your campaigns. Now, you can view and manage all your sponsored ads campaigns in a single campaign manager view. You can even take a deeper look at a specific country, or make a country-to-country comparisons, using the new “Country” filter.
- Simplify pulling campaign reports. Schedule and download a single sponsored ads campaign report for the countries of your choice, and convert them to your preferred currency.
- The days of creating campaigns one by one in each country are over. Use the multicountry campaign creation and copy feature to save time copying and setting up new campaigns across countries.
- Skip researching keywords in other languages. Instead, let us provide a list of a suggested keywords in the local language of the country where you’ll run your ad campaign.
- If you want to make an informed decision about which keywords to add to your campaign, try sorting your suggested keywords by estimated clicks or sales volume with custom keyword ranking.
- Already have a list of keywords you want to use? No problem. Simply enter your keywords in the keyword localization feature and translate them into the local language of your campaign. We continually audit our keyword translations to ensure we’re bringing you the most relevant keywords for your campaigns.
- Leave translations for your branded content to Amazon Ads translations. The easy-to-use service is supported by professional linguists and will have your text and video format translations back to you in just a few days.
- When creating a new Sponsored Brands video ad campaign, Amazon Ads will now automatically translate your creative and set your campaign live once the video is translated.
Learn how to use global advertising features from seller Farah Finds
It’s important to review your campaigns and optimize them based on performance. After you’ve launched in multiple countries, use our checklist for international ad campaigns to set yourself up for long-term success:
We’ll control costs in real time by reducing spend on clicks that are less likely to convert to a sale.
When your campaign is generating a high return on ad spend (ROAS), you can double down on this success by increasing your bids to win more impressions and drive sales. When your campaign is generating low impressions, maximize your chances to show your ads to shoppers by increasing your bids.
Set a daily budget that’s high enough to keep your ads showing for the entire day so you don’t miss out on potential sales.
Broad match helps you generate the widest traffic exposure and discover new shopping queries relevant to your campaign. Phrase match is good for longtail keywords—the longer, more specific phrases that highly interested customers typically use. Exact match can help drive conversions. We suggest adding exact match keywords only after you’ve figured out which shopping queries perform well for you.
Help increase ROAS and control your costs by preventing ads from appearing on specific shopping results or detail pages that aren’t relevant to your products.
Engage shoppers who are closer to a final purchase by targeting specific products, categories, or brands that are similar to the product in your ad.
Make your campaigns more effective by excluding brands or products you don’t want your ads to show against, so you won’t reach shoppers looking for those specific brands and products.
Learn more about global advertising
Learn more about how to advertise globally in these resources:
- International advertising tools guide
- Expand and help drive cross-border sales with North America Remote Fulfillment
- A guide to advertising for international events
- Insight-driven guide for new international campaigns
- Grow your global presence with ads webinar
- Step-by-step videos on global advertising
- VAT and tax resource guide