Experiment with display ads for best results
There are many questions that can be answered through experimentation with different creatives. Through A/B testing, you can offer two slight variants of the same display ad to see which one is more effective.
For example, you can test:
- Whether a product image outperforms a lifestyle image
- Which background colors resonate best
- The shape and messaging of the CTA button
When running experiments, make sure to:
- Consider testing opportunities that are aligned with your campaign goal
- Apply the above creative best practices
- Implement insights from the experiment into your campaigns
- Only alter one variable between your creatives. All other aspects of the test should be exactly the same between the treatments, in order to gather reliable results
For example, if you want to test two background colors to see which one performs better, you should make sure that only the background color changes. If you change background color and CTA button shape, you won’t be able to determine whether background color or CTA button shape impacted performance.