Fire Tablet with Special Offers is a unique advertising platform for advertisers. All ad packages include the following placements:
- Wake Screen — Full screen advertisement that appears when the device is woken up from ‘sleep’ mode
- View Special Offers — Tile within a list of all special offers and advertisements on the device
- Landing Page — Amazon shopping page (products, movies, apps, music, etc.) or a full screen interactive experience (Custom Landing Page, Video with Overlay, or external tablet-optimized URL).
Fire Tablet users expect compelling, pixel-perfect ads worthy of their device’s high-quality screen. By aligning your creative with these expectations, your campaigns have the power to deliver meaningful experiences. The following characteristics are guidelines for creating ads that connect with Fire Tablet customers.
- Design elements, product imagery, and text are well proportioned. Visual weight is equally dispersed.
- Messaging hierarchy is clear. Elements are laid out in order of importance (e.g. headline first, subhead second, body text third).
- Overall composition feels integrated. Focal points should dominate without sacrificing unity.
- Elements are justified and/or aligned on the same x- and y-axes. Use of symmetry or asymmetry appears deliberate and purposeful.
- Elements are not equally dispersed.
- Elements are not precisely aligned on the same x- and y-axes.
- Ad copy is kept to a minimum. Unnecessary information or instructions, including “fine print,” are removed. All text is legible.
- Where beneficial to the customer, a single line of legal disclosure may be accepted. For example, “Terms and conditions apply” for a sweepstake contest.
- Legal symbols can be accepted when part of the advertiser’s logo or included on the product image, but must not be larger than 20pt superscript.
- Addition of copyright statements and “fine print” are subject to the maximum copy limit, treating each character group as a word. (“©2015, Amazon studios®” would be 3 words). If added, text should be white or black, with a minimum font size of 27pt, and placed unobtrusively at the bottom of the canvas.
- US and EU campaigns only: Headlines do not exceed 12 words, with supporting copy not exceeding 20.
- Japan campaigns only: Headlines do not exceed 20 characters, with the headline and subcopy combined not exceeding 40 characters total.
- Text is set in a maximum of three typefaces, including the call-to-action button.
- Message bursts and cliché graphic devices are avoided.
- Filters, drop shadows, and other Photoshop effects are used sparingly and subtly.
- If used, animation is restrained, relying on subtlety and finesse.
- Text is set in more than three typefaces.
- Supporting copy exceeds 20 words.
- The tone of the ad is not “shouty.” Elements that appear overbearing or pushy (such as all-caps copy and exclamation points) are avoided.
- Ad creative does not contain content that is violent, threatening, suggestive, provocative, or inappropriate for a general audience.
- Messaging and calls to action are clear and never misleading.
- Marketing claims are substantiated and in the best interest of the customer.
- Questionable tones of voice (including sarcasm, stereotyping, and competitive slander) are not used.
- Animation is fluid and smooth, not abrupt or forceful. Cuts do not occur quickly or suddenly.
- Marketing claim cannot be substantiated.
- Exclamation point and text styling gives the message a shouty tone.
- Ad copy educates the customer about the main points of the featured product or service.
- Grammar and punctuation are used correctly.
- Images, logos, and text are not pixelated or fuzzy.
- Retouching is photorealistic, avoiding defects in gradients, shadows, and perspective.
- Animation complements the design and supports the message of the ad.
- Headline and CTA button are fuzzy.
- Retouching has defects.
Branding, Colors & Typography
- All design elements should match the branding guidelines of the advertiser and not use any Amazon branding elements, buttons, etc., unless expressly approved by Amazon.
- The advertiser’s logo or name must be included in creative execution.
For requirements regarding the use of Amazon.com’s customer star ratings, refer to Customer Ratings below
Ad Content Restrictions
In order to make sure people of all ages have the best experience possible on their Fire, we work with our clients to run ads that are appropriate for all audiences. All Fire ad content must conform to Amazon’s Creative Acceptance guidelines. Amazon requires that advertisers review their content with these guidelines in mind before submitting.
Wake Screen assets must be created according to these specifications:
|Device||Asset||Dimensions||Max. File Weight||Format||Min. Font Size (US/EU)||Min. Font Size (JP)|
|Kindle Fire (Gen5)||Backgrounds||600x1024px (P) or 1024x600px (L)||300kb||JPG||17pt||n/a|
|Kindle Fire HD (Gen5)||Backgrounds||800x1280px (P) or 1280x800px (L)||300kb||JPG||22pt||n/a|
|Kindle Fire HD 8.9" (Gen5)||Backgrounds||1200x1920px (P) or 1920x1200px (L)||400kb||JPG||32pt||n/a|
|Kindle Fire HD (Gen6)||Backgrounds||800x1280px (P) or 1280x800px (L)||300kb||JPG||22pt||n/a|
|Kindle Fire HD (Gen6)||Buttons||800x1280px (P) or 1280x800px (L)||n/a||PNG-24||22pt||n/a|
|Kindle Fire HDX (Gen6)||Backgrounds||1200x1920px (P) or 1920x1200px (L)||800kb||JPG||32pt||n/a|
|Kindle Fire HDX (Gen6)||Buttons||1200x1920px (P) or 1920x1200px (L)||n/a||PNG-24||32pt||n/a|
|Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 (Gen6)||Backgrounds||1200x1920px (P) or 1920x1200px (L)||1500kb||JPG||32pt||n/a|
|Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 (Gen6)||Buttons||1600x2560px (P) or 2560x1600px (L)||n/a||PNG-24||42pt||n/a|
|Fire HD 6 (Gen7)||Backgrounds||800x1280px (P) or 1280x800px (L)||300kb||JPG||22pt||19pt|
|Fire HD 6 (Gen7)||Buttons||800x1280px (P) or 1280x800px (L)||n/a||PNG-24||22pt||19pt|
|Fire HD 7 (Gen7)||Backgrounds||800x1280px (P) or 1280x800px (L)||300kb||JPG||22pt||19pt|
|Fire HD 7 (Gen7)||Buttons||800x1280px (P) or 1280x800px (L)||n/a||PNG-24||22pt||19pt|
|Fire HDX 8.9 (Gen7)||Backgrounds||1200x1920px (P) or 1920x1200px (L)||1500kb||JPG||32pt||28pt|
|Fire HDX 8.9 (Gen7)||Buttons||1600x2560px (P) or 2560x1600px (L)||n/a||PNG-24||42pt||37pt|
|Fire (Gen8)||Backgrounds||600x1024px (P) or 1024x600px (L)||300kb||JPG||17pt||15pt|
|Fire (Gen8)||Buttons||600x1024px (P) or 1024x600px (L)||n/a||PNG-24||17pt||15pt|
|Fire HD 8 (Gen8)||Backgrounds||800x1280px (P) or 1280x800px (L)||300kb||JPG||22pt||19pt|
|Fire HD 8 (Gen8)||Buttons||800x1280px (P) or 1280x800px (L)||n/a||PNG-24||22pt||19pt|
|Fire HD 10 (Gen8)||Backgrounds||800x1280px (P) or 1280x800px (L)||300kb||JPG||22pt||19pt|
|Fire HD 10 (Gen8)||Buttons||800x1280px (P) or 1280x800px (L)||n/a||PNG-24||22pt||19pt|
|Fire HD 8 (Gen9)||Backgrounds||800x1280px (P) or 1280x800px (L)||300kb||JPG||22pt||19pt|
|Fire HD 8 (Gen9)||Buttons||800x1280px (P) or 1280x800px (L)||n/a||PNG-24||22pt||19pt|
|Fire 7 (Gen10)||Backgrounds||600x1024px (P) or 1024x600px (L)||300kb||JPG||17pt||15pt|
|Fire 7 (Gen10)||Buttons||600x1024px (P) or 1024x600px (L)||n/a||PNG-24||17pt||15pt|
|Fire HD 8 (Gen10)||Backgrounds||800x1280px (P) or 1280x800px (L)||300kb||JPG||22pt||19pt|
|Fire HD 8 (Gen10)||Buttons||800x1280px (P) or 1280x800px (L)||n/a||PNG-24||22pt||19pt|
|Fire HD 10 (Gen10)||Backgrounds||1200x1920px (P) or 1920x1200px (L)||300kb||JPG||32pt||28pt|
|Fire HD 10 (Gen10)||Buttons||1200x1920px (P) or 1920x1200px (L)||n/a||PNG-24||32pt||28pt|
- Assets must be created for both landscape and portrait orientations.
- Button assets should be the size of the full screen (with a majority of the asset being transparent), not cropped to the dimensions of the visible button.
- Unlock and CTA sliders are added during production and should not be included in the assets.
Wake Screens on Gen6, Gen7 and Gen8 devices may be animated by providing video files in addition to the background images:
- Format: H264/MP4
- Max file size: 3.5 MB
- Frames per second: 24
- Max length: 7 seconds (video may loop)
- Video must be provided in both landscape and portrait orientations at two different sizes each (600x1024px, 800x1280px and 1200x1920px) for a total of six files.
- Buttons and background images are also required. Background images must be identical to the first frame of the video files.
- Video files cannot contain audio.
- Animation cannot be delayed. It must start immediately within the first frames of the video.
- Ad headline, supporting copy, call-to-action, and product image (if applicable) must be visible in the first frame and throughout the entire video.
- Ad text and advertiser logo cannot move, fade, rotate, or stretch. Other minor effects may be applied.
Wake Screen creative must conform to the following requirements:
- Content must be appropriate for audiences of all ages.
- All background images must include a full bleed. No white borders or edges.
- Text, logos, and essential product imagery may not be placed behind sliders or buttons.
- The Gen6/7/8 Wake Screen interface (unlock caret, date/time, battery level, etc.) may be white or black, but must be easily legible.
- Text must be large enough to be legible on all devices (refer to minimum font sizes listed above).
- Legal symbols within ad copy, such as copyright (©), are strongly discouraged and will be removed by default.
- Legal symbols included in logo lockups or product images are allowed.
- All ads for films, TV shows, or video games should include the appropriate rating icon.
Call-to-Action Sliders and Buttons:
- Call-to-action text must be clear and specific, and should reflect the content of the corresponding landing page.
- Call-to-action buttons or texts are not allowed in the ad background, and must be provided as separate assets.
- Gen5 devices use slider call-to-actions, Gen6/7/8 devices use button call-to-actions.
- One slider call-to-action is allowed per campaign (Gen5).
- Slider call-to-action text (Gen5) is limited to two lines of 14 characters each (including spaces). The text should start with a verb and must be formatted in sentence case. All caps, all lowercase, title case, and mixed case are not allowed.
- Sliders are added during production. Their design cannot be changed.
- No more than two button call-to-actions may be used (Gen6/7/8). To prevent accidental taps, buttons must be spaced apart by at least 20px.
- Button call-to-action text (Gen6/7/8) is limited to one line of 28 characters * (US/EU) or 12 characters (JP). The text should start with a verb and must be formatted in sentence case or to align with the advertiser’s established CTA branding. Mixed case is not allowed.
- Button design should reflect the advertiser’s brand. Both a default and a pressed state must be created.
- To provide user-friendly tap targets, buttons must meet the following minimum height requirements: 70px (HD), 105px (HDX) and 140px (HDX 8.9).
Approved & Not Approved
- Artwork that falls behind semitransparent sliders or buttons may not contain text, logos, or key imagery.
- Text must be large enough to be legible on all devices (minimum font sizes listed above)
- Artwork should not interfere with the legibility of the Gen6/7 Wake Screen interface (date/time, battery level, etc.)
- Call to action used on button must be formatted in sentence case or all caps. All lowercase, camel case and mixed case are not allowed.
- Call to action is limited to one line of 28 characters (including spaces).
- The Wake Screen interface may be black or white, but must be easily legible.
View Special Offers
View Special Offers tile assets must be created according to these specifications:
|Device||Dimensions||Max. File Weight||Format||Min. Font Size (US/EU)|
|Kindle Fire (Gen5)||153x153px||30kb||JPG||10pt|
|Kindle Fire HD (Gen5)||205x205px||30kb||JPG||14pt|
|Kindle Fire HD 8.9" (Gen5)||324x324px||40kb||JPG||22pt|
|Kindle Fire HD (Gen6)||205x205px||30kb||JPG||14pt|
|Kindle Fire HDX (Gen6)||310x310px||40kb||JPG||21pt|
|Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 (Gen6)||424x424px||60kb||JPG||28pt|
Gen7 and Gen8 devices re-use Wake Screen assets for this placement.
A call to action is recommended, but not required.
- If used, the call to action must be clear and specific. It must be formatted in sentence case or to align with the advertiser’s established CTA branding. Mixed case is not allowed.
- The call to action must not be designed as a button.
- Copy should be legible and easy to read. Headline should be under 60 characters and no more than 3 lines. Fonts should reflect the advertiser’s brand.
- Artwork must not contain a border.
- Messaging should reflect the content of the corresponding Landing Page.
Custom Landing Pages
Custom Landing Pages, designed and built by Amazon Creative Services, are displayed in a specialized webview. In order to accommodate the device’s status and softkey bars, the exact dimensions of these landing pages are smaller than the device’s screen size. The status bar is located at the top of the screen in both orientations. The softkey bar is located at the bottom of the screen in portrait orientation and at the far right of the screen in landscape orientation.
External Landing Pages
All client-supplied external landing pages—and any secondary pages they link to—must be fully functional and render properly within the Silk browser on Fire devices in both landscape and portrait orientations:
- All interactive elements (links, form fields, etc.) must function as intended.
- Navigation items, text, and graphics may not be cropped, overlapping, misaligned, or contain unintentional line breaks.
- Video must comply with current HTML video standards. Flash video may not be used.
- If present, services that automatically detect or prompt a customer to enter his/her physical location must be functional.
- All key page elements must load within four seconds when a strong wireless connection is present.
- Trailers for content rated as appropriate for older teens (15+) must be contained within a Custom Landing Page or external URL, and must only play when initiated by the customer after the page has loaded. Auto-play, including use within Video with Overlay packages, is not allowed.
- Ads containing trailers for content rated as appropriate for young teens (12-15) or older teens (15+) will be filtered from devices with active parental controls, even if the trailer itself is appropriate for all audiences
- Videos may be played in full-screen landscape mode, or inline on the wake screen.
- Always provide a high quality version of a video, even if providing a compressed Fire-ready version as well.
|Video||High quality submission||Fire-ready submission|
|Codec||MPEG, Apple ProRes, H.264||H.264|
|Resolution||1280x720 (720p) or higher||960x540|
|Bitrate||15mbps or higher||1.8mbps (2mbps max)|
|File format||.mov, .mp4||.mp4|
|Frame rate||30fps or lower||30fps or lower|
|Audio||High quality submission||Fire-ready submission|
|Bitrate||192kbps or higher||128kbps|
Video with Overlay
Video with Overlay is a component that enables advertisers to brand a video playback experience on the Fire tablet. In this scenario, the Wake Screen and the View Special Offers tile (Gen 6 only) open a full screen video that begins playing automatically. In addition to standard media controls, the video also typically contains either one or two call-to-action buttons at the top left corner of the screen; these buttons are only visible when the media controls are active. The video ends on a branded ‘end slate.’
- No more than two buttons — tapping these buttons directs the user to an Amazon shopping page, Custom Landing Page, or external tablet-optimized URL
- Buttons and end slate background image is a full screen static image with text
- The same buttons and accompanying links that appear on the overlay during playback are used on the end slate
Video Overlay wake screens support animation and up to two buttons, where one button drives to the shopping location and another button opens the video.
Video automatically plays full screen with up to two buttons overlaid on the video. Buttons show when video controls are visible.
The video resolves on a full screen end slate with a chosen image from the video. A headline, short description, and button(s) appear on top of the image. Customers also have the option to replay the video.
Please note that button and end-slate assets must be created according to these specifications:
* Buttons size/position are native and fixed, and cannot be altered
* Headline is 50 characters max
* Sub-headline 200 characters max
* Video with Overlay is not supported on Gen 5 devices
Amazon customer star ratings from Amazon.com (or other locale domains, such as Amazon.co.uk or Amazon.de) may be used within ad creative on Wake Screens and Custom Landing Pages. All use is subject to approval by Amazon.com.
- Ratings may only be used on Wake Screen ads that advertise a single product. Custom Landing Pages, however, may include multiple products and their corresponding ratings.
- Products must have at least a 3.5 star rating and a minimum of 15 customer reviews.
- The rating shown must be for the specific product advertised. For example, if the ad is promoting a 25-inch TV, the rating cannot be from a 52-inch TV, even if it is from the same series.
Ratings on the Wake Screen must use a standard lockup, containing these elements:
- The Amazon customer star rating
- The total number of customer reviews in parentheses
- The date on which the Amazon customer rating was calculated. Formatting of the date should be appropriate to the locale (MM/DD/YY for US, DD/MM/YY for UK, and DD.MM.YY for DE, etc.) This date cannot be more than 3 months old, therefore creative must be updated regularly.
- Font size must be 30pt when designed for the largest devices (Fire HDX 8.9)