What does the API offer?
The Amazon Ads API provides a way to automate, scale, and optimize advertising. Campaign and performance data for Sponsored Products, Sponsored Brands, and Sponsored Display are available through the API, enabling programmatic access for campaign management and reporting. Amazon Attribution (beta) insights are also available through the Amazon Ads API. Amazon Attribution can help measure the full-funnel impact non-Amazon Ads media such as search ads, social ads, display ads, video ads, and email marketing. Insights throughout the shopping journey including clicks, detail page views, and purchases can be utilized to optimize campaign ROI.
The API enables users to develop flexible solutions that meet their needs and goals, and to integrate more deeply with Amazon Ads. The API offers most of the functionality of the advertising console while enabling programmatic management, allowing advertisers to manage ads or ad groups based on pre-defined conditions.
The Advertising API is a robust tool for users with the development resources to manage implementation and versioning updates.
Typical API users include
- Advertising solution providers who integrate with the API and offer paid management and reporting tools to agencies and advertisers who lack the development resources and bandwidth to directly integrate with the API
- Agencies that have internal engineering resources and that manage a significant volume of Sponsored Products and Sponsored Brands campaigns for advertising clients
- Advertisers who manage their ad spend, have internal engineering resources, and directly run a significant volume of Sponsored Products and Sponsored Brands campaigns
Request API access
Select the option that best describes your company:
Businesses that build applications and software solutions to automate and help optimize advertising on behalf of others can access the Amazon Ads API as a third party. Request registration to call the Amazon Ads API and license your application to others.Request Amazon Ads API access via Partner Network
Advertisers can use the Amazon Ads API to automate, scale, and optimize advertising activities and reporting. Request registration to access the Amazon Ads API on behalf of your own advertising account.Request API access
Frequently asked questions
There are no fees for utilizing the API. Standard Selling on Amazon account fees, as well as the campaign costs for using Sponsored Products, Sponsored Brands or Sponsored Display will apply.
We offer a sandbox environment for development and testing purposes. Ads created in this environment will not show on Amazon, and therefore, no fees will apply.
- If you are using a third-party solution to manage your selling on Amazon inventory, order, and pricing information, or are using an agency to manage your online advertising, we recommend asking your partner if they offer API integration in their solution. For a list of regions in which the API is currently available to solution providers and advertising agencies, see the “API Endpoints” section of “How to use the Amazon Ads API.”
- Alternatively, you can use the bulk operations feature for Sponsored Products and Sponsored Brands; sellers can access this in Seller Central, while vendors can access this in the Advertising Console.
If you’re looking for an agency to help plan and manage your Amazon Ads campaigns or a tool provider who can offer unique technology solutions, you can turn to the Amazon Ads partner directory for support. The partner directory is an online resource that makes it easy to find a partner that’s right for your business. When searching on the partner directory, you can filter by criteria like “products,” “marketplaces,” or “service model” to identify a partner most relevant to your business.
Developers interested in building applications using the Amazon Ads API. Advertisers looking to work with a third-party tool that uses the API do not need to request API access.