Budget rules now available in Amazon advertising console globally
August 12, 2021
Advertisers can now set campaign budgets in advance using two types of budget rules for Sponsored Products. Budget rules help reduce manual effort spent on adjusting budgets. You can set budget rules for specific dates and shopping events.
Two types of budget rules:
- Schedule-based rules allow you to set budgets in advance for special events such as Prime Day or based on a custom period. The rule will increase the campaign budget by the percentage you specify during the date range you set in the rule or during the special event selected. Note: We’ll recommend events based on the products in your campaign when we anticipate more demand and a need for an increased budget. If you remove or update products from a campaign, we will not remove the rule, but the recommendations might change.
- Performance-based rules allow you to set rules to increase your Sponsored Products campaign budgets only when your campaigns meet a certain performance threshold using campaign performance metrics such as advertising cost of sales (ACOS), click-through rate (CTR) and conversion Rate (CVR). We calculate these metrics using data from the previous 7 days. Campaigns must have a minimum daily budget of $10 to use performance-based rules.
Why is it important?
Budget rules allows you to automatically increase budgets based on a selected time frame to help prevent campaigns from going out-of-budget and reduces missed opportunities due to insufficient budgets. For schedule-based rules, you can choose from Amazon recommended shopping events (ex: Valentine’s day or Prime Day), or you can select a custom time period with daily or weekly recurrence.
- Improved sales opportunity: You can use budget rules to help ensure that high performing campaigns do not run out-of-budget. This helps reduce missed opportunity and helps improve the chance of receiving additional clicks and sales.
- Budget recommendations: During shopping events, we will provide recommended budgets based on historical shopping activities. Using event recommendations can help ensure your campaigns have sufficient budgets for important shopping events.
- Plan budgets in advance: Setting budget rules helps you plan and set campaign budgets in advance for holiday and sales events.
- Reduce manual effort: You can save time by setting budget rules that automatically increase campaign budgets for strategic events instead of manually adjusting campaigns.
Where is the feature available?
- North America: United States, Canada, Mexico
- South America: Brazil
- Europe: Germany, Spain, France, Italy, Netherland, United Kingdom
- Middle East: Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates
- Asia Pacific: Australia, India, Japan, Singapore
Who can use it?
- Registered sellers
Where do I access it?
- Advertsing console
- Amazon Advertising API