Animated Wake Screens
When a customer turns on their Fire device, they are presented with a full-screen, high-quality image with subtle animations and a call-to-action button. Tapping on the call-to-action button unlocks their device and opens an Amazon shopping page (products, movies, apps, etc.) or a full-screen interactive experience (Custom Landing Page, Click to full-screen video, or tablet-optimized external URL).
Animations on the wake screen should be balanced, simple, respectful, and smart:
- Any animation should be restrained, relying on subtlety and finesse.
- Animations should be fluid and smooth, not abrupt or forceful. Cuts do not occur quickly or suddenly.
- All animation complements the design and supports the message of the ad.
Learn more about Fire tablet Creative Standards here.
Wake screens on Fire tablet devices may be animated by providing video files in addition to the background images.
|Asset||Dimensions||Max. File Weight||Format||Min. Font Size (US/EU)||Min. Font Size (JP)|
|Backgrounds||1200x1920px (P) and 1920x1200px (L)||3500kb||MOV or MP4||32pt||28pt|
|Buttons||1200x1920px (P) and 1920x1200px (L)||3500kb||PNG-24||32pt||28pt|
- Assets must be created for both landscape and portrait orientations.
- Button assets should be the size of the full screen (with a majority of the asset being transparent), not cropped to the dimensions of the visible button.
The background video should adhere to the specifications outlined below.
|Max. file size||3.5MB|
|Frames per second||24fps|
|Max. video length||7 seconds|
- Video files cannot contain audio
- Animation cannot be delayed. It must start immediately within the first frames of the video
- Ad headline, supporting copy, call-to-action, and product image (if applicable) must be visible in the first frame and throughout the entire video.
- Ad text and advertiser logo cannot move, fade, rotate, or stretch. Other minor effects may be applied.
For additional requirements around wake screen and call-to-action assets, please refer to the Creative Standards page here.
Not compatible with Amazon Video Ads.
- Campaign copy
- Click through URL (if applicable)
- Logo(s) in vector format (.EPS or .AI)
- Campaign fonts
- Brand guidelines
- High quality imagery
- Approved legal rights for tablet usage
- 1920x1200 and 1200x1920 minimum size
- Layered Photoshop file format (.PSD )
- High quality video (if applicable)
- 1280x720 minimum size
- .mov or .mp4
- Additional related design examples for visual reference