Daily Deals Site Stripe
The Daily Deals Stripe is a custom placement located just below the Global Navigation Bar on the Gold Box or Daily Deals page. It is also available on Woot.com just above the navigation. Both placements are on sites that focus on offering a limited supply of discounted products to customers. In the event they are needed, creative services can be provided by Amazon to advertisers for this ad unit.
Functionality & Product Restrictions
- Ad units are HTML-based with a static background and cannot include animated GIFs or Flash animation.
- The entire 980x55 ad unit is clickable, leading to the relevant landing page.
- Advertiser’s logo and a clear call to action (CTA) must be included in the creative execution.
- Use horizontal logo lock-ups when available vs. vertical for better impact in the compact ad space.
- Only one CTA is permitted per ad unit.
Ad Unit Breakdown
- The ad unit extends to the full width of the browser using a single hexadecimal background color (“sleeves”). The sleeve color cannot be white so as to distinguish the ad content from the rest of the Amazon page.
- If the ad background contains a white or light colored background, a 1 pixel border is required to separate the ad content from the rest of the page.
Layout & Technical Specs
The ad background is a static image in JPG, GIF, or PNG format
Approved & Not Approved
- Creative with a white or light colored background must have a 1 pixel border to separate the ad content from the rest of the page.
- The sleeve color cannot be white.
- The sleeve color must be a single hexadecimal color. It is not possible to have a different color on the left vs. right side of the ad unit.
- Ads that have a rounded corner effect should be created with the same hexadecimal color as the sleeves. The not approved example looks awkward with a purple color around the ad unit that does not match the sleeve color.
- It is not recommended to crop imagery on the left or right side of the ad unit. For creative that does push past the ad boundaries, it is less abrupt to include a gradual fade to the background color.