Amazon Video Ads
Amazon video ads allow advertisers to reach Amazon customers with targeted video on Amazon’s websites, mobile apps, and Fire tablet wake screen. Convey your brand message with out-stream autoplay video for an engaging ad experience.
Placements On Amazon
Available in the following placements:
- Home Page - Desktop - 300 x 250
- Home Page - Smartphones (Below the Fold) - 300 x 250
- Home Page - Tablet Shopping App - 300 x 250
- Detail Page - Smartphones - 414 x 125
- Detail Page - Desktop - 970 x 250
- Fire tablet (beta) (available in US, UK, DE) (requires custom background)
Amazon video ads are required to follow existing creative policies for supported placements.
Autoplay Video Behavior
Amazon video ads will automatically play the video content when the video is at least 50% visible on screen. Autoplay in Amazon video ads is always muted – audio playback requires user interaction. Autoplay is automatically paused if the video is scrolled out of view.
Ad units must include the following assets:
|Video asset requirements|
|Video dimensions||1920 x 1080 px (16:9) recommended|
|Frame rate||At least 15 FPS|
|Audio||128 kbps / 44 khz|
|Recommended bit rate||2 MBps|
|Preferred codec||Video: H.264, MPEG-2, or MPEG-4; Audio: MP3 or AAC|
|File size||less than 500 MB|
|Video duration||Desktop & Mobile: up to 3 minutes (15 seconds or less highly recommended). Fire tablet: Up to 15 seconds|
|Letterboxing||Videos should not have black bars on any side of the video content|
Video files will be transcoded to optimize their size and appearance in Amazon’s ad placements.
Make sure your video does not include call-to-action elements that encourage clicking (e.g., a button shape that says “learn more”). Clicking on the video player will play or restart the video with sound enabled.
In addition to these requirements, we recommend:
- Using a short video clip – we recommend that the core of the message be delivered in the first 5 seconds.
- Ensuring your ad can be understood, and is still engaging, without sound. For example, show products in use instead of a person describing the product. Use text headlines in your video to get the point across without narration.
By default, Amazon video ads include the advertiser’s brand logo, a text headline, and a call to action link alongside the video player. This templated layout does not require creative design support from Amazon Ads and is available for mobile and desktop placements.
- Required logo image (JPG, PNG, and GIF files accepted). Minimum width of 600 px, minimum height of 100 px, maximum file size of 100 KB. Note: the logo is not used in 414x125 mobile ads.*
- Required Headline: up to 50 characters of text describing your campaign messaging.*
- Supported call to action options: “Shop now”, “Learn more”, “See details”, “Pre-order now”, “Buy tickets”, “Rent now”, “Rent or buy now”, “Get a quote”
* Logo and headline are required elements for the Amazon Video Ads. If you choose not to use the template fields to add these elements, please ensure that they are included in your finished video asset. If they are found to be missing after publication, your creative may be deactivated until the assets are added.
Amazon video ads can optionally use a custom background image behind the video player. This option includes support for the Fire tablet wake screen ad placement in US, UK, and DE for beta advertisers. Ads using a custom background require creative design support from Amazon Ads.
Custom-background Amazon video ads feature a standard ad background image and an in-banner video player. Clicking on the background image takes the Amazon customer to the ad’s click-through destination. Clicking on the video player will play the ad’s video clip with audio enabled.
Background Guidelines (desktop and mobile)
Follow established placement-based creative specs and policies for the production of custom background images. Amazon video ads use high-resolution images and require all text to be legible on supported devices.
Reserve space in your background image for the video player, which has a fixed size and location. Photoshop templates illustrating video positions for the desktop and mobile ad sizes are available in the sidebar of this page.
|Ad placement size||Image dimensions||Max. file weight||File format||Headline & body text||Disclaimer text||Image border|
|414 x 125 (mobile)||1242 x 375 px||100 kb||JPG or PNG||Minimum of 40 pts||Minimum of 30 pts||2px|
|300 x 250 (desktop & mobile)||600 x 500 px||40 kb||JPG or PNG||32-50 pts||Minimum of 26 pts||2px|
|970 x 250 (desktop)||1940 x 500 px||200 kb||JPG, GIF, or PNG||36–80 pts||24–30 pts||2px|
Background Guidelines (Fire tablet)
Follow established placement-based creative specs and policies for the production of custom background images. Fire tablet creatives require assets in both portrait and landscape orientation; refer to the Fire tablet guidelines for more information.
|Asset||Image dimensions||Max. file weight||File format||Headline & body text||Disclaimer text|
|Background||1200 x 1920 px (portrait) or 1920 x 1200 px (landscape)||300 kb||JPG||12 words, 20 words with supporting copy. Minimum 32pt||1 line. Minimum 27pt|
Poster image requirements (Fire tablet)
|Aspect ratio||Poster images should precisely match the aspect ratio of your video file, to prevent the video player from changing size when autoplay is finished.|
|Image size||Less than 100 KB|
|Image filetype||.JPG or .PNG|
We recommend using a frame from the video as your poster image, for situations where the autoplay feature is not available.