Amazon audio ads help brands reach and engage audiences during listening moments across premium audio content, including first-party Amazon Music ad-supported tier and third-party Amazon Publisher Services, on desktop, mobile, tablet, connected TV, and smart speakers devices (e.g. Echo, third-party Alexa-enabled devices, and Fire TV). Amazon Ads also offers interactive audio ads which lets listeners simply reply by voice to an Alexa call-to-action within the ad to take actions, such as adding an item to their shopping cart, setting a reminder on their Alexa-enabled device, requesting an email with more information, or engage in a more customized voice experience with branded experiences with Alexa.
Standard audio ads experience
These are 10 to 30 second ads, with a companion banner image that appears on screened devices (clickable only on desktop, mobile, and tablet devices).
Interactive audio ads experience
These are audio ad creatives on Amazon Music ad-supported tier which include an Alexa call-to-action for listeners to engage with that ad using their voice. When listeners hear an interactive audio ad they’re interested in on an Alexa-enabled device, they can add products to their shopping cart, set reminders on their Alexa-enabled device, or receive follow-up information via email or push notification. The experience is simple, frictionless for customers to engage with audio ads when they want to after hearing an ad. Interactive audio ads support the same creative and banner specifications as standard audio ads, they simply add voice interactive capabilities.
Advertisers can either provide their own creative assets or Amazon Ads creative production services can provide full creative and production support (writing, casting, recording, engineering, and mixing) for brands that don’t have audio creative assets available.
1. Audio final file requirements
- Length: 10 - 30 seconds. Any duration between is acceptable.
- Maximum file size: 1MB
- Format: WAV, MP3, OGG
- Volume: at least 192 kbps RMS normalized to -14 dBFS Peak normalized to -0.2 dBFS
2. Companion image final file requirements
- Dimensions: 1024 x 1024px
- Maximum file size: 750kb
- Format: JPEG, JPG, PNG
- Click-through URL
(clickable only on desktop, mobile, and tablet devices)
3. Headline requirements
- 19 characters max. Includes brand name and/or product advertised.
- Ads must be appropriate for a general audience and for public settings. Do not include content that is violent, threatening, suggestive, or provocative. More details can be found in Amazon's creative acceptance policy.
- Ads must only use advertiser branding and may not include any Amazon branding elements unless expressly approved by Amazon.
- All voiceovers and dialogue (including disclosures), must be easy to hear and understand, with even pacing and appropriate loudness. Avoid abrupt or startling music cuts at the beginning and end of the spot. As a best practice, creatives should not exceed three words per second.
- For compatibility with smart speakers, ads must not include references to click-through actions.
- Clearly state the brand/product name, and educate the customer about the main features and benefits of the product or service. Strike a balance between telling and selling. Do not include unsubstantiated marketing claims, and elaborate jokes or skits.
- Use music and sound effects as narrative elements that help tell a story or emphasize a message. Do not include shrill or jarring sounds, such as air horns.
- The ad may play after another ad (as opposed to right after the music). Do not include introductory statements that presume too much about the listening context:
- Do: "Hey, listener!"
- Do not: “Sorry to interrupt your music!"
- Do not: “Brought to you by [brand/product name]"
- End with a clear statement of the action you want listeners to take, whether via Alexa with a specific voice command (Alexa CTA), or some other action. Actions should align to the campaign goal (e.g. driving sales, creating awareness), with one per creative. Examples:
- Shop for [brand/product] now, on Amazon
- To get [brand/product], just say, ‘Alexa, add to cart.’
- To learn more about [product], visit [URL]
- To learn more about [product], just say, ‘Alexa, send more info.’
- Do not include CTAs or style ad copy with any treatments that would make the text look like a tappable UI elements.
- For interactive audio ads, do include the Alexa branded speech bubble using the font and styles from the PSD template (e.g. "Alexa, add to cart").
- If included, URLs should be 1 line of text and less than 50 characters.
- Keep ad copy as short as possible, 12 words maximum (excluding brand name/logo and required legal text like copyrights). Do not include unnecessary information or instructions, including “fine print”.
- Ad copy text must be a minimum font size of 32pt to preserve legibility on mobile devices (26pt for legal copy).
✘ Do not:
✘ Do not:
✘ Do not:
Creative that mentions “Alexa”
For the best customer experience, we recommend scripts that mention “Alexa” be recorded via Amazon's creative production services with a vendor experienced in producing media played on Alexa-enabled devices.
Audio files (mp3)
In addition to the standard audio ad requirements, advertisers creating interactive audio ads must supply the following assets based on the type of call-to-action being promoted.
Add to Cart
Required: The Amazon Standard Item Number (ASIN) of the product to be added to cart.
Note: The following ASIN types are not currently supported:
- Prime Pantry
- Products with customization features, such as t-shirt sizes, subscription option
- Grocery and consumable products from subsidiaries, such as Whole Foods and Prime Now
- Video and e-gift cards
- In-skill purchasing products
- Products with age restrictions, alcohol, or explicit content might not be available in all locales
- Non-US ASINs
- Reminder date and time (must be between 9am and 8pm)
- Reminder content text (120 characters max / under 38 characters preferred)
Reminder text will be displayed and read back when the reminder triggers and will be seen both on the device in which the CTA is completed, as well as via push notification on the Alexa app, if available. Reminders may be freely edited or deleted by customers via the Alexa app or voice commands.
Send more info
- URL that is the destination promoted to the customer
- May be the same as the click-through URL provided with the companion banner
- Brand name
Customers who interact with the ad by saying the CTA, "Alexa, send more info" will receive an email as well as a push notification. The email template is pre-defined and may not be customized aside from the URL and the brand name.
*Interactive audio ads available in US only
- Campaign copy
- Pre-existing standard ad units for reference
- High-resolution imagery in layered PSD format
- Logos in vector format (PSD, AI, EPS, or SVG)
- Brand guidelines
- Click through URL