Advertising and the BR General Data Protection Law
In 2020, Brazil adopted the new General Data Protection Law (LGPD). The LGPD is designed to govern the security and protection of personal data, including personal data used in advertising.
Amazon has a longstanding commitment to privacy and data security. We continuously review our advertising systems and processes to ensure they meet our own high standards and the requirements of all applicable data protection laws, including LGPD. Amazon Ads services comply with the requirements of LGPD. Amazon’s advertising systems include the following protections:
- Privacy. Amazon’s advertising services are designed to protect user privacy when serving interest-based ads. Amazon’s advertising systems do not use personally identifiable information such as name or email to serve interest-based ads.
- Notice. On www.amazon.com.br, Amazon provides information about interest-based ads, including the type of information used to display those ads.
- Choice. Users can control their interest-based ad preferences by visiting the Amazon Ad Preferences page at https://www.amazon.com.br/adprefs.
- Security and data management. Amazon Ads services have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards for the collection, storage, transfer, and processing of data. Transfers of data outside Brazil comply with applicable legal requirements.
- Third parties. To deliver interest-based ads, Amazon works with publishers, advertisers, agencies, ad networks, and other service providers that demonstrate their commitment to comply with applicable law.