Global advertising, or international marketing, is the process of running ads for your products or brand in countries beyond the home base for your business. This can mean advertising in countries in different regions (like Mexico in the Americas and Japan in Asia) or in multiple countries within the same region (like France and Italy in Europe).
With more customers shopping online than ever before, now is a great time to focus on reaching shoppers around the world. If you want to increase the visibility of your brand and help grow your sales, global advertising may be the solution you’re looking for.
Advertising in a new country can feel daunting. Here are some ways to help determine where else you want to start advertising.
The ad console has tools that can simplify every stage of the campaign process. A recent study on global sales highlights how using tools available in the ad console has helped multicountry advertisers drive 11x higher ad-attributed sales at a 40% lower cost per click (CPC) on average.3 Try these tricks when launching your global campaigns in the ads console:
- Simplify your campaign management and manage your advertising for all countries in a single account.
- The days of creating campaigns one by one in each country are over. Use the multicountry campaign creation and copy feature to save time copying and setting up new campaigns across countries.
- Skip researching keywords in other languages. Instead, let us provide a list of a suggested keywords in the local language of the country where you’ll run your ad campaign.
- If you want to make an informed decision about which keywords to add to your campaign, try sorting your suggested keywords by estimated clicks or sales volume with custom keyword ranking.
- Already have a list of keywords you want to use? No problem. Simply enter your keywords in the keyword localization feature and translate them into the local language of your campaign. We continually audit our keyword translations to ensure we’re bringing you the most relevant keywords for your campaigns.
Aakriti Malhotra, senior marketplace manager, foodspringWe’re currently based in six countries, and we’re always adding more. Over the last few years, Amazon Ads has launched so many different multicountry tools and features that help make our tasks way easier.
It’s important to review your campaigns and optimize them based on performance. After you’ve launched in multiple countries, use our checklist for international ad campaigns to set yourself up for long-term success:
We’ll control costs in real time by reducing spend on clicks that are less likely to convert to a sale.
When your campaign is generating a high return on ad spend (ROAS), you can double down on this success by increasing your bids to win more impressions and drive sales. When your campaign is generating low impressions, maximize your chances to show your ads to shoppers by increasing your bids.
Set a daily budget that’s high enough to keep your ads showing for the entire day so you don’t miss out on potential sales.
Broad match helps you generate the widest traffic exposure and discover new shopping queries relevant to your campaign. Phrase match is good for longtail keywords—the longer, more specific phrases that highly interested customers typically use. Exact match can help drive conversions. We suggest adding exact match keywords only after you’ve figured out which shopping queries perform well for you.
Help increase ROAS and control your costs by preventing ads from appearing on specific shopping results or detail pages that aren’t relevant to your products.
Engage shoppers who are closer to a final purchase by targeting specific products, categories, or brands that are similar to the product in your ad.
Make your campaigns more effective by excluding brands or products you don’t want your ads to show against, so you won’t reach shoppers looking for those specific brands and products.
Learn more about global advertising
Learn more about how to advertise globally in these resources:
1 Amazon internal data, WW, Dec 2021 – May 2023. Limited to sellers with minimum SP campaign duration of 6 months post launch.
2 This 1:1 benefit is currently open to a limited number of eligible advertisers that have an active professional selling account in good standing with Amazon.
3 Amazon internal data, EU, NA, Jul 1, 2021–Feb 28, 2022