Ever thought of expanding and selling to international customers? Advertising globally is now easy and available for a number of marketplaces.
1. Sponsored ads solutions for new advertisers
These self-service, cost-per-click ads for individual product listings appear in shopping results and on product detail pages.
These self-service, cost-per-click ads for brands appear in shopping results and feature a custom headline, brand logo, and multiple products.
These free, multi-page brand destinations on Amazon feature your product portfolio and help tell your brand story.
Using sponsored ads together
Consider combining a mix of ad types to build a stranger advertising strategy. Our advertising solutions help you reach and engage customers at every stage of their journey─ from awareness to purchase and beyond.
Take advantage of these solutions to help increase performance.
- Help drive sales with Sponsored Products, by promoting your product to customers shopping for products like yours.
- Boost brand and product consideration with Sponsored Brands.
- Create a unique, immersive shopping experience with Stores, inspiring customer loyalty.
2. Getting ready to advertise
To create the best shopping experience for customers, consider trying these few steps before you create your first ad. These guidelines will help you have a meaningful impact on your advertising performance and help you reach your advertising goals.
We recommend for new advertisers to start with Sponsored Products to help customers discover and purchase products that advertisers sell on Amazon. You can use automatic targeting, or manual keyword or product targeting. Sponsored Products ads appear within shopping results and on product detail pages, across desktop and mobile. Pay only when the ad is clicked, and you choose how much you’re willing to bid for a click.
3. Creating my first sponsored ads campaign
To create your first campaign, go to the advertising tab in the advertising console, then click the ‘Create campaign’ button. Next, follow these steps to launch you Sponsored Products campaign in minutes.
- Pick your products
Choose the products you want to advertise.
- Give your campaign a name
Keep your campaign name straightforward, so you can find it easily later.
- Set the budget you want
Set your budget. Depending on your currency, we recommend a minimum daily budget of:
- Choose your duration
Run your campaigns without an end date to keep your products top of mind for customers and keep up with shopping trends. Amazon will automatically update the shopping terms used for your automatic targeting campaigns, so you are able to track changes throughout the year.
- Select your targeting type
Launch your first Sponsored Products campaign with automatic targeting. Let Amazon do the work of matching your ads to shopping queries. These matches are based on your product information and regularly update with changing shopping trends.
|Marketplace||Minimum Daily Budget |
|United Kingdom||£ 10|
|The Netherlands||10 €|
|United Arab Emirates||AED 40|
|Saudi Arabia||SAR 40|
"When you want to showcase a new product, you put it where consumers can easily see it. Sponsored Products is like being in the front of the store."
— William Land, Founder, Empire Case
Targeting strategies to remember
Build your advertising success on Amazon by using a combination of strategies.
- When launching a campaign with manual keyword targeting, target at least 30 keywords. Use your search term report to discover the keywords customers are using to find your products.
- Start with broad match for your keywords. Focus specifically on the top performers from the search term report with phrase match or exact match.
- Focus on browsing trends by using product targeting simultaneously.
- Use separate campaigns for product groups to focus your advertising strategy and organize your keywords and budgets. Give each group a pair of automatic targeting and manual targeting campaigns.
"We found that Amazon Sponsored Products can effectively increase traffic for a new product, especially through keyword targeting"
— Wela Wen, EU Online Marketplace Team Leader, Anker
Measuring your advertising performance
Your advertising reports provide a powerful way for you to understand your performance. Here’s a look at the reports available for Sponsored Products:
- Search term report: identify top-converting search terms.
- Targeting report: see how well your keyword targeting is performing.
- Advertising product report: see how your advertised products are performing over time.
- Placement report: see the performance of your campaigns placements.
- Performance over time report: see average cost-per-click, plus your total spend change over time.
- Purchased product report: find new advertising opportunities and get insight into what audiences are buying.
4. Expanding globally
Don’t limit yourself to advertising only in your domestic marketplace, scale your business worldwide by advertising in multiple marketplaces. Advertising globally will help you increase and diversify your potential revenue streams by offering new products to untapped markets. Build your global presence and get your brand in front of international Amazon customers by advertising in all your eligible countries.
Currently available marketplaces to sell and advertise
How to create campaigns in other countries:
- Navigate to the sign in page.
- Click the drop down menu, and select the country you'd like to advertise in.
- Click on ‘Advertising Console' and begin creating a campaign.
"For us, Sponsored Products has earned its place as an essential part of new product launches in each marketplace."
— Paul Grey, CEO, ExportX