Consider combining a mix of ad types to build a stranger advertising strategy. Our advertising solutions help you reach and engage customers at every stage of their journey─ from awareness to purchase and beyond.
Take advantage of these solutions to help increase performance.
- Help drive sales with Sponsored Products, by promoting your product to customers shopping for products like yours.
- Boost brand and product consideration with Sponsored Brands.
- Create a unique, immersive shopping experience with Stores, inspiring customer loyalty.
To create the best shopping experience for customers, consider trying these few steps before you create your first ad. These guidelines will help you have a meaningful impact on your advertising performance and help you reach your advertising goals.
We recommend for new advertisers to start with Sponsored Products to help customers discover and purchase products that advertisers sell on Amazon. You can use automatic targeting, or manual keyword or product targeting. Sponsored Products ads appear within shopping results and on product detail pages, across desktop and mobile. Pay only when the ad is clicked, and you choose how much you’re willing to bid for a click.
To create your first campaign, go to the advertising tab in the advertising console, then click the ‘Create campaign’ button. Next, follow these steps to launch you Sponsored Products campaign in minutes.
- Pick your products
Choose the products you want to advertise.
- Give your campaign a name
Keep your campaign name straightforward, so you can find it easily later.
- Set the budget you want
Set your budget. Depending on your currency, we recommend a minimum daily budget of:
- Choose your duration
Run your campaigns without an end date to keep your products top of mind for customers and keep up with shopping trends. Amazon will automatically update the shopping terms used for your automatic targeting campaigns, so you are able to track changes throughout the year.
- Select your targeting type
Launch your first Sponsored Products campaign with automatic targeting. Let Amazon do the work of matching your ads to shopping queries. These matches are based on your product information and regularly update with changing shopping trends.
Build your advertising success on Amazon by using a combination of strategies.
- When launching a campaign with manual keyword targeting, target at least 30 keywords. Use your search term report to discover the keywords customers are using to find your products.
- Start with broad match for your keywords. Focus specifically on the top performers from the search term report with phrase match or exact match.
- Focus on browsing trends by using product targeting simultaneously.
- Use separate campaigns for product groups to focus your advertising strategy and organize your keywords and budgets. Give each group a pair of automatic targeting and manual targeting campaigns.
Your advertising reports provide a powerful way for you to understand your performance. Here’s a look at the reports available for Sponsored Products:
- Search term report: identify top-converting search terms.
- Targeting report: see how well your keyword targeting is performing.
- Advertising product report: see how your advertised products are performing over time.
- Placement report: see the performance of your campaigns placements.
- Performance over time report: see average cost-per-click, plus your total spend change over time.
- Purchased product report: find new advertising opportunities and get insight into what audiences are buying.