Publicis helps a leading beauty brand bring awareness to their skin care products on Amazon.ae
Publicis, a multinational advertising and PR agency, has had a 25-year relationship with a heritage global skin care brand. Founded in the 1950s, the brand features a wide range of skin care products, offering a portfolio that helps meet the needs of all different types of skin. The brand sells globally on Amazon and started offering its products to UAE shoppers after Amazon launched in the region in 2019.
Publicis has helped the brand with their advertising efforts since 2020. As the brand looked to develop an Amazon Advertising strategy for the UAE, they turned to Publicis for help.
“Publicis worked with Amazon Advertising on sponsored ads campaigns once it was offered in the UAE. They have, since then, built their technical and consulting capabilities to tackle various brand challenges and goals making them a reliable collaboration for our Amazon Advertising campaigns."
— Local Brand Manager
The skin care brand’s goals for Amazon UAE
As the skin care brand looked to build its presence on Amazon UAE, it tasked Publicis with the following objectives:
- Increase brand awareness with Amazon UAE shoppers browsing the skin care category
- Drive return on ad spend (ROAS) performance of branded keywords for key products and bundles
- Generate sales momentum for premium products
Focusing on retail readiness to help build a foundation for advertising
Publicis recognized there were opportunities for improving the brand’s product detail pages. They started by assessing product descriptions and cross-referencing the most popular terms in the skin care category. Publicis then showed the brand which products might benefit from incorporating these terms within product detail pages. Incorporating these terms allowed the brand to help create a more relevant experience for shoppers browsing the products.
During this process, Publicis helped the brand identify terms that could map to specific product lines, which helped guide the Sponsored Brands strategy. These groups of terms and their corresponding product lines were built into separate Sponsored Brands campaigns.
Using Sponsored Products and Sponsored Brands to help drive different goals
Once retail readiness optimizations were in place, Publicis began launching sponsored ads campaigns to help drive performance against the brand’s goals. They used these Amazon Advertising products for different objectives:
- Sponsored Products: Sponsored Products campaigns focused on branded keywords (featuring the brand name and sub-brands). These campaigns helped reach customers in the purchasing stage of their shopping journey, at the bottom of the marketing funnel. The campaigns also helped increase visibility of more premium products, which helped drive ROAS performance.
- Sponsored Brands: Sponsored Brands campaigns were able to benefit from the keyword optimization implemented when improving the brand’s retail readiness. Grouping relevant keywords to specific products allowed the brand to build campaigns featuring custom headline copy that would be most relevant to shoppers as they explored the skin care category. Publicis moved away from branded terms and instead focused on generic category terms, as these terms represented the most opportunity to engage new-to-brand customers. They set the bids to 10-15% higher than what was suggested to help the brand increase impressions and engage with shoppers browsing the category.
A strategic shift that helped drive results
Publicis had the following to say about the brand’s willingness to try new things with their Amazon Advertising strategy as they looked for further growth in the UAE.
Performance by the numbers
- +178% sales attributed to advertising on Sponsored Products campaigns Q2 year over year
- +98% sales attributed to advertising on Sponsored Products campaigns Q2 year over year
- +32% Sponsored Brands impressions with a 38% decrease in advertising cost of sales (ACOS)
Learn more about skin care marketing.