Sponsored Display budget rules now available in advertising console globally
February 07, 2022
Advertisers can now set campaign budgets in advance using two types of budget rules for Sponsored Display, similar to existing budget rules functionality launched for Sponsored Products. Budget rules help reduce the amount of manual effort spent on adjusting budgets. You can set budget rules for specific dates and shopping events.
Types of budget rules:
- Schedule-based rules allow you to set budgets in advance for peak shopping periods such as Prime Day, or based on a custom period. The rule will increase the campaign budget by the percentage you specify during the date range you set in the rule or during the special event selected.
- Performance-based rules allow you to set rules to increase your sponsored products campaign budgets only when your campaigns meet performance thresholds using campaign performance metrics such as advertising cost of sales (ACOS), click-through rate (CTR) and conversion rate (CVR). We calculate these metrics using information from the previous 7 days. Campaigns must have a minimum daily budget of $10 to use performance-based rules.
Why is it important?
Budget rules allows you to automatically increase budgets based on a selected time frame. This helps prevent campaigns from going out-of-budget and reduces missed opportunities caused by insufficient budgets.
Key benefits include:
- Improved sales opportunities: You can use budget rules to help ensure that high performing campaigns do not run out-of-budget. This helps reduce missed opportunities and helps improve the chance of receiving additional clicks and sales.
- Plan budgets in advance: Setting budget rules helps you plan and set campaign budgets in advance for holiday and sales events.
- Reduce manual effort: You can save time by setting budget rules that automatically increase campaign budgets for strategic events instead of manually adjusting campaigns.
Budget rules user interface
For details on how to use budget rules for Sponsored Display in the Amazon Ads API, review this documentation.
Where is the feature available?
- North America: United States, Canada, Mexico
- South America: Brazil
- Europe: Germany, Spain, France, Italy, Netherlands, United Kingdom
- Middle East: United Arab Emirates
- Asia Pacific: Australia, India, Japan
Who can use it?
Where do I access it?
- Advertising console