Personal care brand Boldify reaches new audiences with Tinuiti
Founded by leading stylists in the entertainment industry, Boldify provides a new way to treat and style thinning hair. With products designed to conceal hair loss and improve hair growth, the company is dedicated to its mission of helping customers “instantly get thicker, fuller-looking hair.”
While Boldify had been advertising on Amazon for 2 years, it lacked the in-house expertise to truly maximize its advertising efforts. So in January 2019, Boldify started working with digital marketing agency and software platform Tinuiti to maximize its brand presence and grow its exposure on Amazon.
Boldify’s goals were twofold: help Boldify reach new audiences and scale its profitability. With that in mind, Tinuiti’s immediate focus was to maximize the brand’s visibility across Amazon by identifying areas of improvement within the company’s Sponsored Brands and Sponsored Products campaigns.
Using CAPx, Tinuiti’s proprietary programmatic ad management platform built on the Amazon Advertising API, the agency was able to make the following campaign optimizations using key features including ad scheduling, bulk uploads and campaign management, and automated bid strategies:
- Campaign structure: To understand which keywords were the most effective on a product-by-product basis, Tinuiti established a one-to-one campaign structure, focusing on a single ASIN per ad group, and separating campaigns by match type.
- Content updates: Adding how-to videos for complex hair products with the Boldify brand name at the beginning of product titles helped improve the customer experience on Boldify’s product detail pages and increase the brand’s visibility in relevant shopping results.
- Bid optimizations: Implementing specific bid optimizations at the product level and increasing or decreasing max bids based on performance enabled the agency to find and test additional opportunities for growth to help scale the business.
Next, Tinuiti launched remarketing strategies for two of Boldify’s best sellers on Amazon DSP. With competitor audience remarketing, the agency built audiences based on those of similar brands. This strategy helped bolster Boldify’s brand equity and reach new customers that may not have discovered its products otherwise.
– Jacqueline Bui, Associate, Marketplace Search, TinuitiOur access to the Amazon Advertising API allowed us to design a programmatic platform that analyzes shopping and product insights. This technology ultimately provides our clients with an advantage in terms of speed to market, advertising program maturity, and overall efficiency.
Since working together with Tinuiti, Boldify has generated over 20 million impressions as of October 2019, which led to a 10x year-over-year increase in total sales attributed to Amazon Ads. Additionally, the agency’s remarketing strategies on Amazon DSP drove more than 8MM impressions and led to a 3x ROAS (return on ad spend).
– Mike Viskovich, CEO, BoldifyThe team at Tinuiti are specialists—they live and breathe Amazon Ads every day. Since working with them, we have been able to leverage their knowledge and experience to grow our advertising ROI on Amazon.