Amazon audiences launches for Sponsored Display
14 April, 2021
Sponsored Display audiences expands to support Amazon audiences for vendors and sellers registered in CA, DE, ES, FR, IT, UAE, UK and the US in the Amazon Ads console, as well as the Amazon Ads API. This launch gives advertisers access to prebuilt audiences using Amazon’s first-party shopping and streaming signals. Sponsored Display audiences empowers advertisers of all sizes to reach audiences across their purchase journey – both on and off-Amazon – to help grow their Amazon business.
Why is it important?
Amazon audiences can be used to help engage new customers and help them learn about your brand on Amazon. You can now select audiences in a similar way to how you would describe your brand’s core customer – for example, “Outdoor Enthusiasts” or “Environmentally Conscious Shoppers”, and connect the language used in your overall brand marketing strategy to your Sponsored Display campaigns. Consider mixing and matching Amazon audiences segments with custom-built-views remarketing audiences within your ad group.
Which Amazon audiences launched?
Amazon audiences helps you reach new prospective audiences through awareness and consideration campaigns. These audiences fit into four segments – each informed by billions of first-party shopping and streaming signals:
- In-market: In-market audiences allow advertisers to engage audiences who are “in the aisle” and have recently been shopping for products in a given category. To achieve share-of-mind, advertisers can reach audiences in the same category as their advertised products to drive consideration, as well as try out entirely new audience segments to help drive product awareness.
- Lifestyle: Positioned for awareness campaigns, these audiences reflect a variety of shopping and viewing signals, including shopping on Amazon, browsing on IMDb, streaming on Prime Video or streaming on Twitch. These behaviours reflect shared preferences and map to lifestyle segments such as “Foodies”, “Sports Enthusiasts”, “Tech Enthusiasts” and more.
- Interests: Interest-based audiences allow advertisers to help raise awareness with prospective buyers based on what they frequently browse and buy. Examples of these audiences include “Interested in Canadian History” and “Interested in Interior Design”.
- Life events: Life Events audiences give brands the opportunity to drive awareness and consideration for relevant products based around life moments, such as “Travelling Soon” for shoppers going on holiday.
Where is the feature available?
- North America: United States, Canada
- Europe: Germany, Spain, France, Italy, United Kingdom
- Middle East: United Arab Emirates
Who can use it?
Where do I access it?
- Advertising console
- Amazon Advertising API