Vauxhall drives awareness for its Vivaro commercial van with Amazon Ads
Vauxhall is the UK’s longest surviving car brand. The company has had a continuous manufacturing history in Great Britain since 1903. Today it remains woven into the fabric of Britain’s motoring life, in part thanks to its Vivaro van, one of the UK’s leading commercial vehicles. Vauxhall Motors is part of Groupe PSA.
Despite the success of Vauxhall’s Vivaro, the van sits in a highly competitive category. It was the third best-selling van in the UK in 2018.1 In 2019, the company wanted to relaunch the already successful Vivaro, to maintain its popularity among SMEs, and to position it as the ‘Great Britvan’ – the must-have van for British Tradesmen.
Vauxhall and MediaCom teamed up with Amazon Ads to promote the launch of the brand-new model vehicle with a modern approach. The objective was to generate a high volume of quality traffic to the new Vivaro section on vauxhall.co.uk. They deployed an awareness campaign via the Amazon DSP to engage van owners, SMEs and tradesmen, leveraging audiences from Amazon Garage and Amazon Business. High-impact display formats on Fire Tablet wake screens, Amazon.co.uk, and Amazon Business highlighted the Vivaro’s overall quality, practicality, options and features.
– Nicola Jenkins, Head of Media and Social Data Management, VauxhallAmazon Ads’ unique B2B insights enabled us to reach the right audience for the Vivaro commercial van. We were able to engage millions of tradesmen and small businesses in the UK. The awareness campaign – across Amazon.co.uk, Fire Tablet and Amazon Business – had a significant impact on brand favourability and purchase intent.”
This campaign reached over 6MM users wherever they spend time.
- The Kantar Brand lift study demonstrated a 34% increase in brand favourability and a 30% increase in purchase intent for users exposed to the ads, compared to the control group who did not see the ads.2
- The perception that Vivaro “meets my needs better than other brands of van” increased by 33% after a single ad exposure.
- The Fire Tablet campaign drove a 14% increase in brand favourability.
- The Amazon DSP display campaign delivered 70K+ visits to the Vauxhall Vivaro website pages.
Learn more about automotive marketing.
1 Car keys, January 2019
2 Kantar Brand lift study, January 2020