Stores enables Samsung to showcase its brand story on Amazon
Samsung Electronics is relentless in their efforts to deliver innovative products and experiences that maximise user convenience and better the lives of consumers. Their groundbreaking products challenge routines and stereotypes, leading the market segment by delivering true innovation and convenience to their valued consumers. They partnered with Channel Bakers, a full-service, global Amazon Ads-focused agency with a core tenet of helping brands find the right audience at the right time to tell their story to help drive sales on Amazon.
Build on your brand story
Today’s innovative brands are looking for solutions to reach fresh new audiences that are not currently in the market for their products. Stores is a free, self-service branded destination on Amazon for brands to curate content that inspires, educates and helps shoppers discover their product selection. Stores on Amazon can help brands drive incremental sales by executing strategic objectives such as cross-selling, brand defence, promoting higher-priced products and creating a shopping destination on Amazon that matches their look and feel.
Prior to creating a store, Samsung faced a challenge with continuity between their brand message on their website and their brand message on Amazon. When consumers searched for Samsung on Amazon, they would find a landing page that was out of date and contained legacy products. The experience was not consistent with the company’s mission of enriching people’s lives with innovating technologies, products and design.2 Consumers would shop for mobile devices completely unaware of Samsung’s product offering of phone cases and headsets. Consumers would purchase QLED TVs without knowing that they pair perfectly with a Samsung soundbar.
With their Store, Samsung was able to extend their branding from their website. By leveraging the multi-page layout in order to improve the shopping experience, the company was able to display the breadth of their offering to shoppers.
Shape the customer experience
By using custom imagery and video content, Samsung keeps customers engaged as they learn about their products. Stores is an effective tool for featuring product portfolios on Amazon. Stores help enable brands to educate shoppers about their latest technologies, unique value proposition and key differentiating features. These mobile-optimised pages offer the opportunity to attract shoppers with videos, bar-raising product imagery and content to enhance the brand’s message and ultimately help drive incremental sales.
Over the course of the 2017 festive season, the Samsung Store on Amazon drove over 200,000 visitors. Shoppers explored an average of three pages per visit, engaging with the featured content and videos.
A brand’s compelling content increases engagement, which helps to increase sales. For Samsung, it was critical to use merchandising tiles in the Store that integrate Add to Basket functionality.
While it is valuable to leverage your Store to drive brand awareness, Samsung’s goal was to increase sales and conversions. They leveraged the Store homepage to promote their newest and top-rated products using the merchandising tiles. In addition to updating the Store on a monthly basis, the team consistently rotated the header image to align with new product launches, such as the Note9 in August 2018.
By focusing the Store on merchandising, they have seen a monthly average sales increase of 19% since the beginning of 2018.3
As John K. Millis, Director of Marketing and Operations Consumer Sales at Samsung Electronics America, said, “Channel Bakers’ collaborative partnership continues to amaze and impress. Their unique ability to act as a team with Samsung across various continents and product categories and deliver quickly a best-in-class Store on Amazon continue to benefit all parties.”
– John K. Millis, Director, Marketing and Operations Consumer Sales (SQ), Samsung Electronics AmericaChannel Bakers’ collaborative partnership continues to amaze and impress. Their unique ability to act as a team with Samsung across various continents and product categories and to deliver a best-in-class Store quickly on Amazon continue to benefit all parties.
Drive customers to your Store
Samsung continues to see success in driving traffic to its Store through Sponsored Brands. The team has consistently leveraged Sponsored Brands to drive traffic to their Store. Sponsored Brands can appear in prominent placements within Amazon search results, featuring a collection of products, brand logo and a custom message. Samsung’s Sponsored Brands campaigns have accounted for over 20% of the overall sales attributed to the Store. In one instance, they executed a campaign with a strategy of driving awareness for Samsung televisions against high-level branded search terms. This campaign alone drove a 105:1 ROAS (return on ad spend).4 In addition, Samsung leveraged display ads to drive traffic to the Store, showing a 131% lift in attributed sales for the Store while promoting a new product launch.5
Learn more about consumer electronics marketing.
1. ComScore, June 2018.
2. Excerpt from Samsung Mission Statement.
3. Samsung Store Insights data, 2018.
4. Samsung Televisions sponsored ads campaign data.
5. Samsung Televisions sponsored ads campaign data.
Channel Bakers’ best practices for your Store
- Organise your Store by different categories or sub-brands to display different types of content and products.
- Create continuity with your brand to foster confidence and trust with shoppers.
- Update your Store regularly. Set aside time every month to align with new product launches, seasonal events and promotional calendars.
- Use Amazon Ads to drive traffic to your Store and help gain incremental sales.
- The Samsung Store on Amazon drove over 200K visitors in 2017.
- Samsung had a monthly average sales increase of 19% since the beginning of 2018
- Sponsored Brands campaigns have accounted for over 20% of the overall sales attributed to the Store
- One Samsung television campaign targeting branded search terms drove a 105:1 return on ad spend (ROAS)