Eco-friendly cleaning company drives sales on Amazon
Green Gobbler is dedicated to manufacturing safe, effective and economical household products with minimal impact to the world around them. Their products are manufactured in the US and meet or exceed all US biodegradability standards.
Green Gobbler wanted to gain visibility and drive sales for their products sold on Amazon, so they launched their first Sponsored Products campaign in March 2016. Green Gobbler were able to get started in mere minutes, allowing them to gain impressions and drive sales quickly. The initial results proved that Sponsored Products could drive sales; however, Sternberg saw an opportunity to improve the ROI (return on investment). Using the advertising reports in Seller Central and the optimisation capabilities within Campaign Manager, in just six months Green Gobbler was able to achieve a 10- to 20-times ROI within their Sponsored Products campaigns.
– Matt Sternberg, Owner of Green GobblerSponsored Products has changed the way we launch new products and helps build the momentum that we need to drive more sales on Amazon.
The solution: Partnering with Teikametrics to accelerate Sponsored Products success
Encouraged by these numbers and wanting to scale their advertising further, the brand turned to Teikametrics – a software platform that supports Amazon sellers – to help manage their growing number of ad campaigns. Teikametrics’ core mission is to use data and technology to elegantly solve problems for sellers. They have helped Amazon sellers since 2012 and over the past two years have improved Sponsored Products performance for hundreds of sellers. Teikametrics’ Sponsored Products Optimiser uses machine learning to continuously optimise Sponsored Products campaigns for Amazon.
Green Gobbler were able to augment their data with the Sponsored Products optimiser tool provided by Teikametrics. This allowed them to easily identify new keyword opportunities to target with their ads and scale their ad spend with automated keyword bidding. During this time, Green Gobbler also leveraged the search term report available in Seller Central to identify new customer search terms that led to sales. The following year, their monthly sales attributed to Sponsored Products grew 614% while still maintaining an 11-times ROI.
– Matt Sternberg, Owner of Green Gobbler“I remember telling Teikametrics that we were averaging 2,000 orders per week and that my goal was to double that number. As of today, we are averaging 4,500 orders per week. We couldn’t be happier that we partnered with Teikametrics.”
Since getting started with Sponsored Products, Green Gobbler’s overall monthly sales grew over 174% from August 2016 to August 2017. This was achieved by introducing new variations of their products while simultaneously running ads with Sponsored Products. Green Gobbler has gone from running one Sponsored Products campaign to running over 100 campaigns for their 75-product lineup. Sponsored Products now accounts for 30% of their monthly sales volume.
Sternberg is committed to advertising to grow his Amazon sales, saying, “We use Sponsored Products because of the ease and speed of setting up campaigns to produce incremental revenue for our Amazon business.”
- Over 174% growth in total year-on-year sales
- 614% growth in year-on-year ad attributed sales
Tips for getting started from Green Gobbler owner Matt Sternberg
- Create ads for every single product
- Expect to optimise your campaigns over time to improve your return
- Do your keyword research. Set a cadence to review your campaigns and reports and stick to it!