Advertising, data protection and privacy
Amazon has a longstanding commitment to privacy and data security. We continuously review our advertising systems and processes to ensure that they meet our own high standards and the requirements of all applicable data protection laws, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Directive (ePrivacy Directive). Amazon Ads services comply with the requirements of the GDPR, the ePrivacy Directive and other applicable law. Amazon’s advertising systems include the following protections:
- Privacy. Amazon’s advertising services are designed to protect user privacy, and only use pseudonymized information (which is information that does not directly identify you) to serve interest-based ads. Amazon Ads does not keep data for longer than required for the purpose of providing its services, in accordance with our Privacy Notice and applicable laws.
- Notice. In our store, Amazon provides information about interest-based ads, including the type of information used to display those ads.
- Choice. Users can opt out of receiving interest-based ad preferences by visiting the Amazon Ad Preferences page or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance’s YourOnlineChoices site at http://www.youronlinechoices.com/. Users are asked to consent to advertising cookies when they visit the Amazon store and can control their cookie preferences at any time by visiting our Cookie Preferences page. Amazon Ads is a registered vendor on the IAB Europe Transparency and Consent Framework (TCF). Third-party publishers that adhere to the current TCF v2.0 allow users to consent or object to receiving interest-based ads from Amazon on their website or mobile app.
- Access. Amazon Ads provides customers with access to their advertising-related data. For more information, visit the “What Choices Do I Have” section of our Privacy Notice.
- Security and data management. Amazon Ads services have physical, electronic and procedural safeguards for the collection, storage, transfer and processing of data. Transfers of data outside the European Economic Area by Amazon are carried out in compliance with applicable legal requirements, including standard contractual clauses issued by the European Commission.
- Third parties. To deliver interest-based ads, Amazon works with publishers, advertisers, agencies, ad networks and other service providers that demonstrate their commitment to comply with applicable law. Click here to learn more about third-party advertising cookies used in our store.