Amazon Ads Education Alliance
Empowering students, faculty, and institutions with resources and tools to prepare students for careers in advertising, digital commerce, and beyond.
Developing the next generation of advertising leaders
As the advertising and digital commerce industry continues to transform at a rapid pace, employees with the necessary business skills are in high demand. The Education Alliance provides students and faculty with access to free training, curriculum, and development opportunities that prepares students to pursue careers in advertising, sales, account management, and beyond.
We strive to hire the brightest minds from institutions all around the globe, and we have career opportunities in Amazon Ads for students from all backgrounds. Amazon customers and advertisers represent a wide array of gender identities, races, ethnicities, abilities, ages, religions, sexual orientations, military status, backgrounds, and political views. We believe it's also critical for Amazon employees to reflect these diverse perspectives, which helps us in our mission to be Earth’s most customer-centric company.
- Become a leader in the advertising industry
- Attract and develop educators and students
- Provide your educators and students with the latest advertising content
- Gain access to Amazon Ads support for on-campus events
- Gain access to innovative advertising courses
- Receive complimentary Amazon Ads professional training
- Gain co-teaching support from Amazon employees
- Gain access to innovative advertising courses
- Land a well-paid job in one of the fastest-growing industries
- Gain skills hiring managers value
- Network with Amazon Ads employees
About the curriculum
The Education Alliance offers varying levels of course engagement and resources that enable students to develop a range of skills and knowledge across varying industry trends, Amazon Ads products, and sales strategy.
Amazon Ads certifications
Through Amazon’s learning console, educators and students can become certified in Amazon Ads Foundations, Amazon DSP, Retail for Advertisers, and sponsored ads. Educators and institutions will receive a custom link to share with students. Upon getting certified, students can upload their certifications to a resume or website such as LinkedIn.
Amazon will collaborate with educators to identify 1-2 sessions where Amazon can deliver a presentation to the classroom. Topics will be relevant to existing coursework and align with the curriculum schedule. Example presentations include Amazon Ads 101, sponsored ads, or analytics and storytelling.
Amazon will collaborate with educators to identify several touchpoints (3+) where Amazon will co-teach with faculty on topics including sponsored ads, display ads, advertising audiences, and analytical recommendations. Coursework may be altered across the semester to fit in Amazon Ads training along with existing curriculum. Amazon may also integrate practical training and evaluations typically reserved for internships into undergraduate curriculum, providing students with hands-on-experience of roles in advertising and digital commerce.
Independent study or accredited class
Amazon will collaborate with educators to promote and develop a semester-long course taught by Amazon employees. In some cases, faculty will lead and teach topics after receiving professional training from Amazon employees. Independent study courses are a non-credit course, whereas accredited classes provide students university credit upon passing the course. We may integrate a case study, pitch presentation, required certifications, and more.
Early careers at Amazon Ads
Come build the future with us! Amazon has a unique opportunity to help accelerate your career and make an impact on our advertising customers globally. These full-time roles are ideal for an entry-level or early career candidate (1-3 years of experience) who is interested in launching a career at the intersection of advertising and digital commerce, has a history of achieving ambitious goals, is a customer-obsessed individual, and is an analytical problem solver with an interest in working with both well-known and emerging brands.
You will begin your journey at Amazon immersed in an 18-week training program, along with a cohort of peers, during which you will learn about the digital advertising industry, become an expert in Amazon’s advertising products, and understand how these products help brands efficiently grow their businesses. You'll learn how to analyze campaign metrics, develop media plans based on client goals, and deliver the highest level of customer service to clients. Account Executives, Account Managers, and Creative Campaign Managers work together, working backwards from clients' goals to serve business needs and generate growth.
How the team works together
Account Executive (AE)
Increase new and existing business revenue for clients and Amazon
Account Manager (AM)
Analyze campaign data and provide actionable recommendations
Creative Campaign Manager (CCM)
Develop and advance creative strategy
Associate Account Executive (AAE)
- Refine presentation, writing, and sales skills, such as prospecting, cold-calling, and negotiating to retain and grow revenue from advertisers
- Foster new relationships with a list of clients and propose relevant Amazon Ads solutions
- Meet target client-facing productivity metrics to prepare for a sales quota
Associate Account Manager (AAM)
- Become an expert on and adapt Amazon solutions based on advertiser needs
- Perform in-depth data analysis to deliver proposals that effect short- and long-term digital media strategy
- Analyze campaigns to deliver actionable insights and recommendations to achieve upsell goals
Associate Creative Campaign Manager (ACCM)
- Develop brand-level creative strategies to maximize advertiser impact
- Manage the operational aspects of the campaign workflow and define best practices to provide frustration-free campaign launches
- Analyze creative performance to develop impactful advertiser recommendations
Associate Global Partner Manager (AGPM)
- Available in China only
- Develop advertising knowledge and sales CRM proficiency during the training program
- Educate clients on advertising strategies and in-depth data analysis, delivering the highest-level of customer service
- Work closely with internal and external partners to help the team retain and grow advertiser revenue
"The Amazon Ads challenge fits perfectly with our mission to provide students with real-world hands on experiential learning they'll find relevant in securing career opportunities…. To top it off, students competed for an opportunity to interview for much sought after AAE positions with Amazon. It doesn't get much better than that."
– Oscar Chilabato, Advertising and Marketing Communications Professor, Johnson and Wales
"Experiential learning is the key to addressing the underrepresentation of people of color in tech. Working with Amazon Ads has provided an opportunity for our students to learn through exposure to industry professionals and training modules in a way that they may not have had access to without this [collaboration]."
– Yuvay Ferguson, Ph.D., Associate Professor of Marketing at Howard University
"As a growing business, Amazon Ads really delivered by providing hands-on training, knowledge, and opportunities in a tightly packaged training experience… we were fortunate enough to learn about this Amazon initiative via MLT Alumni Engagement or we would have truly missed out. The tips and insights the staff provided really accelerated the group’s performance…"
– Waziri Garuba, Founder/CEO, Harlem Labs
"The Education Alliance (EA) prepared me for my future career by exposing me to the basics of advertising, ecommerce, and how they work together in my class at Washington State University (WSU). The Associate Account Executive (AAE) program amplified what I learned at WSU through training and hands-on experience working with advertisers. The combination of professional development and practical experience gained through the EA and the AAE Program have been pivotal in my growth and success as an advertising leader."
– Rachel Rhomberg, Amazon Account Executive, former Associate Account Executive and EA Participant at Washington State University
"Our collaboration with the Amazon Education Alliance has helped our students develop and strengthen valuable practical knowledge and skills in an experiential learning environment. We greatly appreciate the opportunity to work with Amazon Ads to discover talents and future leaders, and we look forward to expanding the relationship and future collaborations."
– Mike Yao, Head at Charles H. Sandage Department of Advertising, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign
"We’re very grateful to collaborate with Amazon to bring The Amazon Ads course to our MLTers… All of our MLTers voluntarily took the course and it successfully attracted two demographics. The first are early career MLTers interested in a career in Amazon Ads, the second are more senior entrepreneurs wanting to use the knowledge of the course to benefit their businesses. These complimentary groups worked well because the entrepreneurs were able to ask questions that helped engage both groups in a deeper level."
– Maria Razo, Associate Director, Management Leadership for Tomorrow (MLT)
"Working with Amazon Ads has been instrumental in evolving our marketing curriculum. The connection started with Amazon coming to speak in my digital marketing classes, extending into a marketing strategy pitch assignment, and now expanded to a new, second course - an independent study, practicum-based course. Our department and college leadership is supportive of Penn State’s collaborative work with Amazon to bring students experiential learning opportunities during their course of study. Based on our students’ feedback and the resulted success in just a few short years, we are excited to continue and grow this incredible relationship."
– Matt Checchio, Instructor in Marketing, Pennsylvania State University