Greetings from Boost with FBA in New Orleans
On June 20, more than 1,500 sellers gathered at Mardi Gras World in New Orleans to participate in Boost with FBA. With a turnout that nearly doubled last year’s attendance, inspired Amazon sellers received one-on-one specialist support, heard from Amazon leaders, and networked with other sellers.
Supporting sellers at every stage of the advertising lifecycle
Amazon sponsored ads specialists were on site to help sellers launch their first campaign and identify opportunities to improve performance. They also spoke with sellers about their experiences with Amazon, including past campaign successes, to understand the importance of advertising as part of an overall business strategy.
“We’ve been advertising on Amazon for at least 2.5 years. It’s something [our] company believes in. We know if we put money into Sponsored Products, we can see attributed sales go up as well. Sponsored Products, unlike other ad solutions, has our customers’ eyeballs when they’re shopping. There’s a value there that’s super important to [our] company.” – Jamie Montz, Plant Therapy
“Creating a Store has been great for our brand ... It lets customers navigate your products and find what they’re looking for. For us, this is especially important for customers trying to get into specialty coffee. The Store helps them if they don’t know what they’re looking for yet.” – Aaron Contreras, Volcanica Gourmet Coffee
Helping sellers increase product visibility and grow their businesses faster
Mauricio Guerra Escamez, senior sales manager with the sponsored ads team, led a presentation on increasing product visibility by reaching customers with advertising throughout their shopping journey. He also walked through some of our top strategies that can help sellers build brand visibility and drive sales on Amazon.
Here are the top takeaways from Mauricio’s session that you can apply to your own campaigns:.
- Promote products in shopping results with Sponsored Products
With Sponsored Products, sellers can advertise their products with keyword-targeted ads that appear within shopping results. These ads can be set up in minutes and help bring customers directly to product detail pages. Sellers get to decide how much they want to spend on their campaign and are charged only when their ad is clicked.
- Drive sales and brand awareness with Sponsored Brands (formerly Headline Search Ads)
Registered brand owners can also create Sponsored Brands campaigns with keyword-targeted ads that appear above, below, and on the left side of shopping results. Sponsored Brands ads feature a customized headline, brand logo, and multiple product images. Brand owners can send shoppers from their ads to their Store or a custom landing page.
- Create a brand showcase with Stores
Stores help registered brand owners tell their brand story and showcase their product portfolio in a curated customer destination. The Store builder tool enables brand owners to create their free, customized Store in minutes with no prior website experience needed. An insights dashboard is now available to help sellers measure and analyze their overall Store performance.
- Leverage top optimization strategies
Sellers can follow our best practices to help improve the performance of their ad campaigns
(sign-in required for the links below):
• Group products strategically by product type, lifecycle, or price.
• Set up automatic targeting campaigns to identify new, successful keywords. Then, run manual targeting campaigns with top-performing keywords and competitive bids.
• Apply a combination of keyword match types: broad, phrase, and exact. Refine campaigns with negative keywords to exclude low-performing customer search terms.
• Turn on Bid+ for manual Sponsored Products campaigns to optimize bids for top of search results when they’re more likely to lead to sales.
• Use bulk operations to make campaign changes at scale, like updating budgets and enabling Bid+.
Stay tuned for other events that the search advertising team will be attending. For additional best practices, watch our video series.