Drive traffic and boost sales in your Store on Amazon
MAY 28, 2019
By Bobby Agarwal, Sr. Product Marketing Manager
Through Stores, Amazon customers can discover and learn more about brands and their product selection. Stores enable brands to create a rich, dedicated shopping experience on Amazon that engages customers; brands can improve that experience over time through metrics around traffic, engagement, and sales. Learn how Samsung is driving traffic to and optimizing its Store during key promotional periods to better engage customers and boost sales.
Samsung’s Store on Amazon helps educate shoppers about the latest technologies and key differentiating features of Samsung’s products, facilitating product discovery. Samsung uses its Store to launch new products, suggest product pairings, such as QLED TVs with a sound bar, and serve as a landing destination for campaigns during key shopping periods, like Prime Day, Black Friday, and Cyber Monday.
“The Samsung Store provides shoppers on Amazon a branded destination that highlights Samsung’s innovative technologies, product pairings, portfolio breadth, and design, and that drives traffic, orders, and sales across their product categories during key promotional periods,” says Tyler Speer, Director of Strategic Accounts at the agency Channel Bakers. Speer manages the Samsung Store on behalf of the agency.
During key promotional periods in 2018, Samsung saw that, on average, visitor traffic to its Store increased by more than 2x, and sales per Store visitor increased by 7x.
The Samsung Store on Amazon
Consider the following best practices for Stores to inspire, educate, and help shoppers discover your brand and product selection.
Have a strategy for your Store that highlights your products and tells your brand story.
- Be consistent with your Store’s messaging, tone, and visual identity.
- Use rich and engaging content to showcase brand differentiators.
- Design your Store’s navigation with purpose so that shoppers can easily explore and discover. Consider product collections based on themes, lifestyles, or categories.
Drive traffic to your Store.
- Use ads on Amazon, like Sponsored Brands or display ads, to engage shoppers in various stages of their shopping journey.
- Engage in marketing activities outside of Amazon—like email, social media, and advertising campaigns—to direct customers to your Store.
- Use products or images from your Store in your ad creative. Campaigns are more successful in driving sales when they’re relevant, and when the landing destination matches the customer’s expectations when they click the ad. If your campaign is targeting keywords related to products found on a specific page of your Store, link directly to that page rather than to your Store’s homepage.
The Samsung Store provides shoppers on Amazon a branded destination that highlights Samsung’s innovative technologies, product pairings, portfolio breadth, and design, and that drives traffic, orders, and sales across their product categories during key promotional periods.Tyler Speer, Director of Strategic Accounts, Channel Bakers
Learn more about how your Store can help build brand awareness with online courses in the learning console. These courses provide end-to-end instruction to help set up your Store for success, including best practices for design and navigation and optimization tips. First, register or sign in to the learning console, then search “leveraging Stores,” or navigate to the Stores topic under Browse.