Amazon Attribution Beta Agreement
Last Updated: September 14, 2021
This Amazon Attribution Beta Agreement (the “Attribution Agreement”) contains the terms and conditions that govern your access to and use of the Beta Service (as the term is defined below) and is further to, and a part of, the Amazon Advertising Agreement (“Agreement”) among Amazon, you, and Advertiser (if applicable). Capitalized terms have the meanings given to them in the Agreement or in this Attribution Agreement. In the event of any conflict between terms or Capitalized terms in the Agreement and the Attribution Agreement, the order of precedence shall be the Attribution Agreement and then the Agreement.
1. The Beta Service. During the Term, Amazon will provide analysis services related to Customer’s ad campaigns (the “Campaigns”) (the services, the “Beta Service”) which is a part of Ad Services. The Beta Service may include, in a form selected by Amazon, technical means to enable provision of the analysis services (e.g., an ad tag) (the “Technical Means”) and reporting based on the analysis Amazon performs (the “Reports”). Data from your Campaigns analyzed for the Beta Service and Reports will not be used in other Ad Services without your approval.
2. Service Territory. The Beta Service is offered in the United States, United Kingdom, Germany, Canada, France, Italy, and Spain.
3. Collection and Use of Data. Amazon will collect data related to the performance of the Campaigns through the Technical Means (the “Tag Data”) necessary to provide the Beta Service. Amazon will use and disclose the Tag Data: (i) to provide the Beta Service; and (ii) for reporting, internal diagnostics, maintenance, and improvement of Amazon’s systems used to provide the Beta Service. Nothing in this Attribution Agreement grants Customer the right to access, use or disclose Tag Data except through the Reports.
4. EU Data. To the extent that the Tag Data contains EU Data, the parties acknowledge and agree that any processing of such EU Data shall be done pursuant to the Data Processing Addendum, which is located here.
5. Provision Regarding CCPA. Amazon acts as your service provider (as defined by the California Consumer Privacy Act, California Civil Code Section 1798.100 et seq. (“CCPA”) as to any Personal Information that we process on your behalf pursuant to this Attribution Agreement. We will not use or disclose such Personal Information for purposes other than (a) business purposes for providing the Service, or (b) as may otherwise be permitted under CCPA. These purposes include security and fraud detection, debugging, forecasting, reporting and measurement, and improving and developing features for the Service. This clause applies solely to the extent that CCPA applies.
6. Reports. The Reports will contain outputs consisting of aggregated data and will not contain personally identifiable information. The Reports are provided for the purpose of enabling Customer to assess and plan for Campaigns. The Reports are Amazon Confidential Information, and Customer may not share them with third parties, except that Customer may share the Reports with its media agency (if Customer is Advertiser) or Advertiser (if Customer is an agent of Advertiser).
8. Nature of Beta Service; Suggestions. Customer may elect to provide suggestions, comments, ideas, improvements, or other feedback or materials (“Suggestions”) to Amazon in connection with the Beta Service. Amazon is free to use, disclose, reproduce, modify, sublicense, transfer, distribute and exploit Suggestions in any manner. Amazon may suspend, change or discontinue the Beta Service, including any aspect of the Beta Service, at any time. Amazon may publish and update policies relating to the Beta Service (“Beta Service Policies”) on a Beta Service website or interface from time to time. Such Beta Service Policies form part of this Attribution Agreement and Customer must comply with the Beta Service Policies.
9. License. Subject to the terms of this Agreement, Amazon grants Customer, for the duration of each Campaign, a limited, non-exclusive license during the Term to implement the Technical Means into a relevant Campaign to enable Amazon to provide the Beta Service. Except as expressly granted in this Attribution Agreement, Customer receives no license, right, title or other interest, implied or otherwise, in Amazon intellectual property related to Beta Service. Amazon expressly reserves all intellectual property rights in regard to Beta Service that is not expressly granted in this Attribution Agreement.
10. Term; Termination. The term of this Attribution Agreement shall commence on Customer’s use of Beta Service and continue for as long as you use the Beta Service (the “Term”). Further, sub-sections B, C, and D of Section 12 of the Agreement shall apply.