Interactive Wake screen ads on Fire tablet allow shoppers to interact with an ad to explore unique features, benefits, or experiences tied to the product being advertised. By providing a hands-on experience, advertisers can reveal unique product aspects and delight customers through various interactive components such as changing color/message, product demos, etc. on the the Fire tablet wake screen.
Key features of an Interactive wake screen:
- Background video: an animated background (10 seconds maximum) that tells a sequential story
- Breakpoint: a point in the ad experience where the background video pauses and waits for user interaction. Each creative may include up to 3 breakpoints.
- Hotspot: a transparent area on the wake screen where the user can tap to continue the experience.
- Indicator animation: an animation that appears on the wake screen during the breakpoint, which indicates to the user where they can interact to continue the experience
Interactive wake screen executions require a background video and call-to-action button.
|Asset||Dimensions||Max. File Weight||Format||Min. Font Size (US/EU)||Min. Font Size (JP)|
|Backgrounds||1200x1920px (P) and 1920x1200px (L)||3500kb||MP4 or MOV||32pt||28pt|
|Buttons||1200x1920px (P) and 1920x1200px (L)||3500kb||PNG-24||32pt||28pt|
- Assets must be created for both landscape and portrait orientations.
- Button assets should be the size of the full screen (with a majority of the asset being transparent), not cropped to the dimensions of the visible button.
- Unlock and CTA sliders are added during production and should not be included in the assets.
The background video should adhere to the specifications outlined below.
|Frames per second||24fps|
|Max. video length||10 seconds|
|Audio||None; background videos may not contain audio|
- Animation cannot be delayed. It must start immediately within the first frames of the video
- Ad headline, supporting copy, call-to-action, and product image (if applicable) must be visible in the first frame and throughout the entire video.
- Ad text and advertiser logo cannot move, fade, rotate, or stretch. Other minor effects may be applied.
- Indicator animation should not be burned into the background video; if included, this should be a separate sprite sheet asset. See below for specifications.
|Sprite Sheet Asset|
|Looping||First and last frames should be the same; this allows the animation to seamlessly loop|
|File dimensions||2000x2000px maximum|
For additional requirements around wake screen and call-to-action assets, please refer to the Creative Standards page here.