Amazon Video Ads allow advertisers to showcase a 15-second (or less) video on the wake screen. The video starts playing (muted) as soon as the device screen is turned on. The customer may tap on the video to unmute the video.
This creative execution is available across Amazon’s websites, mobile apps and on Fire tablet wake screen; creative guidelines for Amazon Video Ads is available here. This page is specific to Amazon Video Ads on Fire tablet.
When a customer turns on their Fire device, an inline video begins playing automatically with no sound. Tapping on the video unmutes the video. This creative execution does not allow for full-screen playback; consider utilizing Click to full-screen video instead.
When the video resolves, the customer may tap on the video to watch it again. The call-to-action button may link to an Amazon shopping page (products, movies, apps, etc.) or a full-screen interactive experience (Custom Landing Page, Click to full-screen video, or tablet-optimized external URL).
- Trailers for content rated as appropriate for older teens (15+) must be contained within a Custom Landing Page or external URL, and must only play when initiated by the customer after the page has loaded. Auto-play, including use within Video with Overlay packages, is not allowed.
- Ads containing trailers for content rated as appropriate for young teens (12-15) or older teens (15+) will be filtered from devices with active parental controls, even if the trailer itself is appropriate for all audiences.
- Videos must include audio.
Learn more about Fire tablet Creative Standards here.
Amazon video ads on Fire tablet require a background image, call-to-action button, and video asset.
|Asset||Dimensions||Max. File Weight||Format||Min. Font Size (US/EU)||Min. Font Size (JP)|
|Backgrounds||1200x1920px (P) and 1920x1200px (L)||3500kb||JPG||32pt||28pt|
|Buttons||1200x1920px (P) and 1920x1200px (L)||3500kb||PNG-24||32pt||28pt|
- Assets must be created for both landscape and portrait orientations.
- Button assets should be the size of the full screen (with a majority of the asset being transparent), not cropped to the dimensions of the visible button.
- Unlock and CTA sliders are added during production and should not be included in the assets.
- There is no maximum video size, as long as the video player stays within the creative safe zones.
For additional requirements around wake screen and call-to-action assets, please refer to the Creative Standards page here.
Video specifications are outlined below. Please note that we cannot edit or alter your video content; advertisers should provide finalized video assets. All video files must include audio.
|Codec||MPEG, Apple ProRes, H.264|
|Resolution||1280x720 (720p) or higher|
|Bitrate||15mbps or higher|
|File format||MOV or MP4|
|Frame rate||30fps or lower|
|Maximum duration||15 seconds|
|Letterboxing||Videos should not have black bars on any side of the video content|
|Bitrate||128kbps or higher|