Ad packages can include the following placements that appear when the device is woken up from ‘sleep’ mode:
- Wake screen — Wake screen advertisement, shown when no notifications are present on the lockscreen
- Banner— 1242x375px banner advertisement (414x125px designed at 3x resolution), shown when notifications are present on the lockscreen
Users of Prime Exclusive Phones expect compelling, pixel-perfect ads worthy of their device’s high-quality screen. By aligning your creative with these expectations, you have the power to deliver meaningful experiences. The following characteristics are requirements and guidelines for creating ads that connect with our customers.
- Animated ad creative is prohibited.
- One call-to-action is allowed per campaign. We do not accept calls to action such as “Tap to _____” or “Click to _____.” Allowed CTA messages include “Shop now,” “Learn more,” and “See details.”
- On banners, using a button as a CTA on banners is prohibited. Text CTAs cannot be underlined.
- All text must be legible on supported mobile devices. Unreadable advertisements will be rejected. Font size cannot be smaller than 50pt, except for legal or disclaimer text which can be 30pt.
- For the wake screen placement, the phone interface (unlock, date/time, battery level, etc.) must be legible. Text, logos, and essential product imagery may not be placed behind interface or buttons.
- Ad copy, including call-to-action, must be set in a maximum of two typefaces.
- For the wake screen placement, ad copy is kept to a minimum, do not exceed 7 words.
- All banners require straight corners; rounded corners are not allowed.
- The tone of the ad is not “shouty.” Elements that appear overbearing or pushy (such as all-caps copy and exclamation points) are avoided.
- Design elements, product imagery, and text are well proportioned. Visual weight is equally dispersed. Messaging hierarchy is clear. Focal points should dominate without sacrificing unity.
- Elements are justified and/or aligned on the same x- and y-axes. Use of symmetry or asymmetry appears deliberate and purposeful.
- Images, logos, and text are not pixelated or fuzzy.
- Retouching is photorealistic, avoiding defects in gradients, shadows, and perspective. Message bursts are prohibited. Filters, drop shadows, and other Photoshop effects are used sparingly and subtly.
Dimensions & File Weight
- 1080x1920px JPG background image
- Maximum size of 500kb
- 1080x1920px PNG button image
- 1242x375px JPG
- Maximum size of 100kb
Approved & Not Approved
- Device UI is illegible.
- Button overlaps device UI.
The tone of the ad is “shouty".
Ad copy exceeds 7 words.
Button as a CTA is used on the banner.
Text is not legible on supported mobile devices. Font size is smaller than 50pt.